Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Teeth Grinding???

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Teeth Grinding???

Postby confuzzledbeans » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:30 am

Hi Guys. When I'm asleep i grind my teeth. Or, at least, i think i do.

It started with a dream where i was biting down on my teeth so hard they all cracked and fell out of my mouth in a bloody gooey mess. I can describe the feeling like two magnets ceaselessly pulling both sides of my jaw together, and though I know its happening, I can do nothing to stop it. Its painful and I wake up with a ache in my teeth, leading me to believe that I actually am biting down on my teeth.

More recently, after having the dream at least once a week (sometimes multiple nights in a row), I've combatted my jaw pulling into itself by putting my hand in my mouth. At first I was afraid of actually biting down and losing my fingers too, but this managed to give me the mental strength to at least not bite down on my hand in my dream. But the problem Is, this still hurts. Its a strange aching pain, and it still feels as though my jaw is pressing into itself and may crack, but now it affects the back of my jaw, in my gums. I wake up and still have pain in my teeth.

The final one is one I experienced last night. Building on the last ones, My jaw aches to close in on itself and destroy itself, but this time, I don't need a hand to stop it. Its fixed in a wonky position with an inch or so between each set of teeth. (I looked in a mirror in the dream) It still hurts, aching and is fixed with an immense pressure, It feels like my mouth is breaking. A kind of clicky/cracky feeling. I would say like Lockjaw, but thats just the closest thing I can attempt to describe it as.

(Funnily enough almost all my dreams are in third person apart from teeth dreams)

I've done my own research, but not found anything near what i'm looking for- The closest is simply 'Grinding teeth can be caused by anxiety'.

I'm curious if anyone else has a similar story, If it went away or if they still experience it. Or if anyone knows how to stop it, if i'm actually causing permanent damage to my mouth, a reliable way to help prevent it, et cetera.

Thanks so much
Confuzzledbeans
confuzzledbeans
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Teeth Grinding???

Postby DocSnooze » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Teeth grinding or nocturnal bruxism is a common oral condition
DocSnooze
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors