Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Demon Dream??

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Demon Dream??

Postby Deziluedragam » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 am

My dream started with a big black cat. It wouldnt leave me alone. It followed me everywhere I went. My house was completely different. There were boxes of books everywhere and it looked really old. I barricaded the windows and doors and somehow it was strong enough to get through. I called my dad and told him he needs to kill this cat. He said no. The cat started to meow and it got louder and louder. Its eyes got big and its hair started to get nappy and dirty, It was getting skinnier. It was time to pick up the kids from daycare so I walked there. The cat followed. It stayed outside though. I went in and decided to go talk to the director/my aunt. She is religious so I thought she could help me. I get to her office and the cat just appears and turns into a little girl/demon. She has blonde hair, her eyes are black and looks right at me and says "You have 10 minutes" I immediately start praying the Hail Mary. This is when i wake up saying the Hail Mary out loud. I couldn't move, I was shaking. I felt a very unwelcome/dangerous presence. I laid there for about 45 minutes and was finally able to call someone.
In the past I have thought I saw a little girl in my hallway. I never thought anything of it until I had this dream. I havent "seen" her again since this night.
Deziluedragam
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Demon Dream??

Postby TenderLC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:49 pm

Dezil,
It seems to me that your dream is about your sinful nature, as the cat can represent your sexual, animal-half of your psyche. It seems you might
be struggling to control that part of yourself by blocking it out. That only makes you a captive of sorts, so you go out to find support in your Aunt.
You might have been wondering how she controls her nature, since she is religious, and then you find that the cat gets in anyway and you see the
demonic force in the childish part of yourself. Do you think it is odd that your pray to the Virgin, or virginity perhaps, rather than the male figure
of Jesus Christ, who we are instructed to worship as he is the second person of our triune God? He is omniscient, omnipotent, and sovereign, and
omnipresent. Far more powerful than Mary. I am thinking in terms of your dream in this.

So, it is a question of how you feel you can control yourself, really, isn't it?
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby briandb » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi, I wanted to reply too. Might be similar to what the other replier said with different words.

It is important for you to face this demon of yours at this time in your life. It represents some chain on you that is connected to childhood and religion. Once you face your fear, you will unlock an important part of your self and take the next steps in your life. The presence in your room can also be treated as a bundle of your own fears that can be faced like any other scary thing in life.

Cheers!
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Ghuntington » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:09 am

Hi,
If this was my dream, I would take it that the house is a symbol of some of my inner beliefs that are preventing me from connecting to my greater self, i.e. what's outside the house.

The cat is a totem of mine, i.e. a teacher. Yet, I am afraid of it.

Here's some information on the cat totem (Ted Andrews: Animal Speak):
CAT
KEYNOTE: Mystery, Magic, and Independence
CYCLE OF POWER: Nighttime

Although a domesticated animal, it would be unjust not to at least touch upon the energies and essence of the cat as a totem. Many of the larger cats are examined in this dictionary separately, but cats in general-wild or domestic- have certain qualities in common.

In myth and lore, the cat predominates. In ancient Egypt they held a position of special privilege. The goddess Bast was often depicted either as a cat or with a cat’s head. In Scandinavian lore, the cat was associated with the goddess of fertility, Freyja. In the Hindu tradition Shasthi, the goddess of childbirth, is depicted riding upon a cat. Cats appear frequently in the tales of the Brothers Grimm and many other folk stories from around the world.

To cats have been attributed a wide variety of traits-often contradictory. Curiosity, nine lives, independence, cleverness, unpredictability, and healing are but a few. A witch’s pet cat was usually regarded as her familiar-a spirit in the form of a cat. It was often believed that witches could take the form of cats.

Cats are at home after dark, and yet most humans want them to be traditional pets during the day. When they do not respond in this manner, they are accredited with independence and unsociability. Because the dark is the home of fears and those things humans do not want to see and can’t see, the cat has come to be associated with magic and mystery. The truth is that cats have more rods in the retinas of their eyes, which enhances light perception. It enables them to see effectively in the dark. The traditional prey of a cat is the mouse, but it is by no means limited to it. Cats still effectively hunt birds and rabbits.

The traditional enemy of the cat is the dog, but this is not its only enemy. For anyone with a cat totem, the study of the qualities of the mouse and the dog will be beneficial for helping you to understand the magic and the balance of energies with the cat.

Examine the colors, the character, the behaviors of your own cat. Everything about it will be significant. Many books exist on the lore and the character of cats. Whether domesticated or wild, anytime a cat becomes predominant, look for magic and mystery to come alive.

The house looks old, Why? It's showing me that the beliefs it's a symbol of are now no longer working for me. The boxes and books? They too are yet more symbols of beliefs that I've likely used in many other lives that are now no longer working for me. I need to start wth these.

Note: In my dreams many years ago, when I first started listening to myself, I would find myself in warehouses full of boxes or houses with very cluttered rooms. AS I began to listen to myself, the rooms slowly cleared. Then windows appeared, i.e. the beliefs the walls were symbols of began to open up to my feminine on the outside.

As I continued to work on myself, the walls, floors and ceilings would disappear. Then I would be flying over the area where they used to exist and now they were gone.

Hope this resonates deep within you.

With kind regards,
Guy
Ghuntington
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors