Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream about people covered in and oozing black tar

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Dream about people covered in and oozing black tar

Postby SixElephant » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Hello all,

This is my first ever post here, needed to get this out of my head. Hoping someone can provide some incite.

I think its best to add that I take sleep medication, so that's a factor.

A few months back, I had a dream where people were zombie-like, but they were oozing black tar, or some type of black slime. The tar/slime was sentient, kinda like Venom (marvel character). It passed by touch and people were just outside and wandering around, hence the zombie thing. I was running away from it, when it got on me and I felt it move under my skin and into my head. Have you ever felt what its like to die? I'm sure I did. I got really empty and full at the same time and woke up in my parents house. I was living there at the time, so that was normal. Until I went to tell my dad about my dream and he laughed and started oozing black slime. I turned to run and saw my mom, also oozing black slime (eyes, ears, mouth, black veins) and she lunged at me and I felt that same empty and full feeling and everything went black. It felt like dying, I'll never know what that feels like until I die, but the first thing I thought was that this is what death feels like. I *died* 3-4 times before I finally woke up.

My dreams are usually pretty weird, random stuff happening and spanning multiple days before waking up. My *nightmares* are usually the being chased dreams or past mistakes, failed relationships and such. Anything to spike my anxiety, but this one was much different. I have never woke up shaking or freaking out, but I did this time. I didn't talk to anyone for a solid 2 days, which is hard when you live with your parents. Once I was sure I was awake, I told them about it. I should mention that the thin veil between dreams and reality was lost to me for quite some time around this time, didn't know when I was awake or dreaming.

Just wondering what you all think or if any of you have ever had a dream so realistic and terrifying that it messed with your head long term.

Thanks for reading!
SixElephant
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors