Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Haircut with an axe

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Haircut with an axe

Postby LadyMedusa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:36 pm

I was sitting on a rock and looking trough my hair. It had split ends, so I cut a chunk of it with a dull/blunt axe I had nearby. I decided to cut the rest in the same length so I stand up and go behind myself (like I was sitting in my own lap) and I chop away with such anger. I hit my neck several times, roughly like 20 times, never hitting the same spot twice. I hit it until I had a bob all the way around. I didn’t behead myself, but I did go well into the bones.

Wtf. Ok so my hair might need a little care, but I’m thinking this has more to do with change. And I guess I am a little angry at myself (not like this though). But why so crude? Why is the axe not sharp? I feel like that matters.
LadyMedusa
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Haircut with an axe

Postby Astromama123 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:38 am

This is a particularly interesting dream to me! To dream about hair can mean a lot of things but to dream about a haircut is to show a loss in strength or power. The axe being dull aspect to me may symbolize that you didn’t expect to have a change in your strength or power, maybe something caught you off guard and you’re having a tough time with recognizing it as such or accepting it. The aspect that you were hitting your neck with the axe seems to me like you may be subconsciously fearing that this unexpected or I welcomed change will be the death of you. However, I think the dream is trying to tell you that you will in fact survive and that it won’t kill you!
Astromama123
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Haircut with an axe

Postby LadyMedusa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:41 am

I just lost my job, and pretty much feel like life is over. You could definitely say it’s a loss of power. I’m giving up on all my dreams of buying a house and starting a family. I have a tough time really accepting it. I was expecting it, but I wasn’t expecting it to hit me that hard, seeig as I’m also studying. Maybe I’m subconsciously telling myself that I should be ok no matter how rough it seems.
LadyMedusa
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors