Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Am I afraid of my own power, or someone else's?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Am I afraid of my own power, or someone else's?

Postby kristiberryman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 am

I started having nightmares while at a business conference last month. The first dream I had was about someone else getting beat up that I truly admire. I see her as extremely powerful, and so it Disturbed me to see her attacked. As a crowd of us was around her, comforting her and getting details, I felt and saw a presence of a woman looking at me. Think of the grunge only blond. I can only see half her face, like she was looking at me from around a corner, or from the side of a picture frame. she wasn't just looking at the dream me but at me while I was dreaming. at my soul, warning me that I was next.
Last night I dreamed I was a calm vampire, and was enjoying the company of other women vampires. No sexuality just as friends. There was one vampire scarier than the rest that I could feel was drawn to me. She was standing at the top of the staircase looking down. I tried to coax her down to join us. I even offered her a can of blood ( maybe represents my annoying addiction to Pepsi). I could feel her tension and not wanting to come near me because she knew she wouldn't be able to control the violence. Next thing I know she's at my side teeth bared and starts to attack me. I fight her off with a thick notebook, then she grabs my breast to distract me. Then I woke up terrified mostly because I knew I was lost. That made me freeze completely.
I'm sure part of it is the loss of my husband a year ago. And some days I just don't want to go on. The weird thing is is recently I've been getting hit on by older women. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. But I was also sexually abused as a child. I don't know, wild guesses. Help me if you can!
kristiberryman
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors