Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

ominous, unforgettable death dream. weirdest thing.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

ominous, unforgettable death dream. weirdest thing.

Postby armshall » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:20 pm

i don't remember when this dream occurred, likely some time earlier in the year. i don't know. regardless, i'm unable to forget the dream itself.
granted, i don't remember a whole bunch of the dream. i think i was preparing for my oncoming death by bonding with white horses. i was on a farm and for some reason becoming close with this white horse was going to help me prepare for my death.
what i DO remember is extremely vivid in my memory. i was at my dads house in my room. the room was organized in the way it was in 2015, which happened to be the worst year of my life and i underwent a lot of trauma and mental issues during that year. it was completely dark, i couldn't see a whole lot. i was standing by my closet to the left of my bed, a few feet away from my dresser with a mirror. i think i could see my silhouette in the mirror, but i couldn't make out any features. it was completely black.
here is where it gets creepy. i will never forget the words i said. what i said, verbatim, was:
"When I die, I want God to do with me what he wishes and reincarnate me as the purest form of white."
not a second later, there was a huge boom, almost like a shotgun blast. while that sound went off, a huge flash emanated from/around my head and i fell over, dead. i lost control of my body and fell to the ground, unable to move a muscle. my eyes were still open, however, and i was still conscious and a feeling of panic came over me. i laid on the ground for a few seconds and i had a feeling that there were other presences in the room before the dream ended. i woke up and i had sleep paralysis. i could not move at all and i was panicked, although i didn't experience any hallucinations. this lasted for a minute or two before i gained control of my body again and completely woke up.
this dream has really lasted for some reason. while it was sort of scary in the moment, i don't have any memories of fear attached to it. if anything, it's just extremely odd and ominous and i think about it often. i've never experienced a dream like that and i honestly have no clue what it means. i do have an extreme fear of death and dying, so maybe it was my subconscious trying to come to terms with the inevitability of death. i don't know. whatever it means, it still haunts me to this day.
armshall
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: ominous, unforgettable death dream. weirdest thing.

Postby operatormike » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:59 am

Dear Arms,

There are at least a couple of things going on there. Sleep paralysis is a disorder. I do not pretend to understand it. Dreamers with this malfunction often talk about being aware of presence of others and of feelings of fear and panic. So, even though sleep paralysis is not in itself normal. It is "normal' to have these sensations during such an event.

I am going to try to interpret the dream from a purely dream perspective. In general, dying in a dream, especially preparing to die and then doing so, is about your inner self wanting to reboot. You want to die to who you are and be reborn as a new you, so to speak. A white horse seems to be the vehicle with which you will both die to your present self and be transported to your new self. White is pure and clean, like a fresh start, like baptism. White is also extreme consciousness.This is reinforced by the words that you speak.

Your dad's house in 2015 seems to symbolize the "you" that you wish to die to. You brief backstory seems to indicate this.
armshall wrote:it was completely dark, i couldn't see a whole lot. i was standing by my closet to the left of my bed, a few feet away from my dresser with a mirror. i think i could see my silhouette in the mirror, but i couldn't make out any features. it was completely black.
Notice that this is the opposite of white. Left indicates your unconscious. The darkness also. This is you visiting your emotional unconscious. You can't quite see.

Words are the most important part of a dream. These words corroborate what all of the symbols mean. You want to change from the dark person that you were to "the purest form of white".
armshall wrote:"When I die, I want God to do with me what he wishes and reincarnate me as the purest form of white."
And then the "shotgun blast" (sort of like the beginning of a race, you know?)

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerrillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper