Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Chased by a Dinosaur??? Freaked out for hours after waking.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Chased by a Dinosaur??? Freaked out for hours after waking.

Postby a.ham » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi all!

I recently had a very strange dream that I couldn’t stop thinking about after I woke up, and I was very agitated for most of the morning after it. It involved a large Tyrannosaurus Rex going on a rampage, and everyone in the area running away from it. My partner and I would run and hide, such as running into a public bathroom or basements or large buildings, and usually running in the opposite direction to where the dinosaur was going, but after mere moments it would always crash through the wall again. At one point we found ourselves in a massive concert hall of some kind and when it reappeared, some security guards tried to prevent us from escaping. Then we took a back exit down some stairs into a tiny narrow house. Later, we crossed an overpass that somewhat resembled an overpass by our university, and my partner wrote a message on the wall, saying they wanted someone (I don’t remember who, or if they even specified who) to be able to find them. The overpass led to a hallway identical to one in my school, but instead of doors leading to classrooms, there was only one door leading to a library. Inside was a friend we have recently had a falling out with standing on a stage. My partner said they didn’t want to go inside because they weren’t dressed right, and I noticed they were wearing a Hufflepuff jersey.

I know this is all over the place but it’s really been weighing on me. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.
a.ham
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Chased by a Dinosaur??? Freaked out for hours after waki

Postby LadyMedusa » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 am

In this dream, you are literally running away from your problems. You encounter someone you recently had a falling out with in a place that is supposed to be safe from the dinosaur, but you two don’t want to enter. He/she is standing on a stage waiting to speak or for you to interact, but you appear to prefer the dinosaur. Maybe you feel like you should confront this person? The dress code seem a little superficial, when you have a dinosaur after you. Maybe you feel the issue is more superficial? (Or does hufflepuff have a deeper meaning to you? Would you maybe go in if it was ravenclaw?) Maybe one of you escalated the issue and things got way out of hand?
LadyMedusa
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors