Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

wake terrified after a dream w/ nothing scary in it. help?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

wake terrified after a dream w/ nothing scary in it. help?

Postby austrinus » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am

So lately I've been having dreams with nothing necessarily scary in it, but I wake up terrified by it. I dream a lot, and rarely forget my dreams. I'm actually making this post after having over 7 dreams in one night last night, one of them being the topic of this post. Typically have dreams like these, I end up being half awake/half asleep, hyperventilating, and my boyfriend jumps awake and has to wake me up completely for me to stop. Last night, I had a dream I was going to the bathroom, and like the other dreams similar to this, it was like I had felt a presence or something. There was nothing scary in the dream, no monsters, no murderers. I had went into our bathroom and was thinking in my brain over and over "f*** im in trouble. f*** im in trouble" the entire dream. As I was in the bathroom, I was looking around frantically for something like I was in danger, and the dream ended with me running out of the bathroom and looking into it again. It was pure terror, but why? Nothing was there! Any explanation for this? It wasn't sleep paralysis, I had jumped awake and was immediately able to move, I never saw anything scary, I only felt pure terror for seemingly no reason at all.
Any help?

For people who want more details on the other dreams I have:
Another dream like this would be one where I was in my room of my parents house before I moved out, it was completely dark except for the bathroom light was on and shining into my room. Then suddenly I felt like I was being pinned down, again, with nothing there. I ended up being half awake at this point and I remember being able to see my actual surroundings, my room and my boyfriend who was trying to shake me awake. But I still felt like I was in the dream, hyperventilating.
Lastly, I had a dream that was like an old black and white movie of dogs and cats, almost seemed like documentation of a science experiment. The dream had me doing the same thing like the last. Half asleep, hyperventilating, but still able to see my room and my boyfriend waking me up.

Would love some feedback on this!
austrinus
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors