Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring nightmares about kids

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring nightmares about kids

Postby ohnonotagain » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:05 am

Hi,
Over the past couple of months I keep having nightmares involving kids, mostly involving my own nephews and niece. I'm looking for some advice on their meaning, so I can address the issue and stop having these awfull dreams.

The first nightmare starts with me walking in a park and then seeing about 10 babies climbing high up into a tree. I run towards the tree to stop de babies from climbing in the tree, but when I arrive at the tree all the babies start falling out and crashing on the ground. I try and catch them as they fall but can't as they're all falling simulatiously. The main emotions in this dream is stress and devastation, as well as feeling out of control.

In the second dream I'm at a swimming pool with my nephews and nieces (who are all 0-3 yrs old and can't swim), and they all start jumping into the water; even my baby niece who's only a couple of months old crawles into a wild wirlpool :o. I try to stop them but can't reach them in time. Sometimes, if I haven't woken up yet, the dream continues into me pulling them out, just to realize they have stopped breathing and that I've forgotton how to preform CPR. Again stress and devastation and lack of control.

The third dream is slightly different, I walk into my brother's house just before he and his wife return from a party. Then there's someone at the door, it's my toddler nephew with red eyes from crying - apparently he walked outside in his sleep and had locked himself out. It then dawns on me that I should've been babysitting him that evening - but that I had put the kid to bed and then completely forgotten about it, had left the house and thus left the kid all alone. The main emotions here are guilt and unbelieve - i just can't believe I would've forgotton something as important as that.

I love my niece and nephews to bits and it's devastating to keep dreaming these horrible scenarios, so if anyone has an idea on what this is about so I can be rid of them - all help is welcome!

Thanks in advance,
ohnonotagain
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring nightmares about kids

Postby smith102 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am

There are some intriguing due dates in this article yet I don't know whether I see every one of them focus to heart. There is some legitimacy, however, I will grab hold feeling till I investigate it further. Great Godaddy 1 dollar domain article , thanks and we might want more!
smith102
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring nightmares about kids

Postby Vos » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 am

Dear Dreamer,

The main Goal when working with a dream is not to stop the dream from appearing, but to wonder to what inner Situation this dream is a Response. Basically: what is the dream trying to tell you. Try to understand the message. To understand the message you have to look inside, to wonder where the dream symbols come from, what they might mean. To do so I will ask you a list of questions that you might answer in this Topic or in a personal message (if that is possible in this Forum). Some of These questions might Sound obvious, but they are an Invitation to explore your own inner world, and express your own personal truths.

What is a Baby? What are the differences between a Baby and somebody who is not a Baby?

What is a tree?

What is purpose of climbing a tree?

Can you describe the Feeling of "control"? What is the Problem in Feeling out of control?

What are your associations with Swimming pools? Why to go to a Swimming pool? Would you take a Baby to a Swimming pool?

Could you give a short character Portrait of your brother?, maybe with 3 positive, and 3 negative aspects.

Do you babysit for your brother? If so, why? What is in General the purpose of babysitting?

Do you like your nieces and nephews? If so, what do you like about them?

If you should feel the calling to do so, then you might try to give titles to the different parts of the dream.

So far my questions. They are rather personal questions, I know, but how else to understand the (deeply personal) message of the dream, other then to look into the individual elements, and from the conclusions try to Piece together the message that your unconscious has sent you.
The message of your unconscious is, in essence, always a positive one: the unconscious strives for happiness. The question is wether your consciousness is willing to listen to the wishes of your unconsciousness, to look inside, to explore your own mind.
Vos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors