Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

5 years of nothing

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

5 years of nothing

Postby spudzy95 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:28 am

Hey Folks,

I had an interesting a vivid dream last night. First some back story, I'm 22, husband, and expecting a baby very soon.

I remember the dream starting off with my wife and I being in our home casually. It felt like a Saturday afternoon which I always look forward to since I work in for a liberal arts center and hate every living second of it. So in short it felt like a awesome start to a dream. I wasn't at work, or doing anything that I didn't want to do. All was peaceful. Then things started getting weird, my currently unborn son walks in the room where I was doing some chores around the house aka "man stuff". The only thing was he was about 5 years old at the time. I thought this was odd since I didn't feel older at all. This stuck me and I puzzled for a moment. After freaking out a little, I called my wife over and asked what was going on and explained my confusion. She seemed puzzled and asked if I was okay. I paused and with a panicked tone of voice I said, "What do you mean you don't know what's going on? You say this is my son, but I don't know him. I can't even think of any times I've had with him." It then dawned on me that I for some odd reason was not able to remember anything previously from 5 years ago to now. It was like I was stuck in my present time and I had no idea how I got to where I was, or who I was. It was like my life struck me all of a sudden like a ton of bricks, and my memory was failing me. I told my wife everything and she seemed stressed out about it since she had never noticed it for the last 5 years of being with me. It was like I was a robot for those 5 years and now I've finally come to realize everything at that one moment. Everything settled down that evening and we went to spend time with my family as we are all close. That evening felt off. I remember being treated badly by my family, which is odd since we all love each other very much and would never look to hurt one another. I started to panic once more. I guess it was my current life conflicting with what my dream was at the time. I told them everything, and how I don't remember anything in the past 5 years of being. They seemed angry at me at this time. They told me they were ashamed of me. They captured me and put me in a cage. Luckily I was able to escape since the bars were loose. They saw me run out of the house and shortly after I was shot by my dad.

What does this all mean? Maybe I should just brush it off, but the five year forgetfulness / absence of memory is what is the most puzzling thing about this. I hope you enjoyed reading about this crazy dream I had last night!

Cheers!
spudzy95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors