Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Computers, door that won't lock, abandoned dogs and threats.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Computers, door that won't lock, abandoned dogs and threats.

Postby Otherless » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

It starts with me in a room, a bedroom, and it is full of computers and laptops. I'm frantically trying to work on all of them, trying to get some type of program to work. There is always some issue, something to prevent me from figuring it out. The computer shuts off, starts updating, the usual stuff. The room is dark and the only thing that lights it are the monitors. I see my bed and I know I need to sleep, but I don't.

Then I'm outside the room, in an unfamiliar and rather small single-floor house. In my nightmare I know it's mine, something I bought ages ago and only just started using. It's filthy and the doors won't lock properly. Either I turned the key and the mechanism won't moving along or the gap between the door and the frame is too wide. When I think I've locked it, the door swings open anyway. The only way I can seem to successfully lock it is by holding it in a very specific way and turning the key very slowly. It locks the door but still leaves strange gaps.

Then I discover I have dogs that I've forgotten about for weeks (I don't in real life). Two dogs. One small and one bigger. They're very hyperactive and when I enter the kitchen their bowls are dirty and filled with dirty liquid and excrements. I realize at some point that I've essentially neglected them and start to panic. I quickly try to fix the mistake and give them an enormous amounts of food, which they suck up instantly. It never feels like it's enough. I know they must not have been able to go outside for a long time, so I decide to let them out and run around in the (rather large) garden. When I open the door (once more unlocked) rain is pouring outside. A neighbour comes walking by, a man walking his dog, and he doesn't even greet me. He just looks at me from under his brows and asks if I'm alone. I instantly don't trust him and after some hesitation mumble that, no, someone's in the other room. He doesn't believe it of course, starts advancing me, but I close the door and try to lock it again, running into the same issues as before, except the lock is on the other side. Before I succesfully lock it he smiles and says it's already too late, 'he' is already there. I only see a fraction of someone's shadow behind me before I wake up.

I feel like there's something in this specific combination of elements, but I can't put my finger on it. I also haven't found anything specifically about forgetting and neglecting dogs. It made me feel like a terrible person waking up, even if it wasn't real. Somehow, that part terrified me more than the one after with the man in the house.
Otherless
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors