Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

is this sleep paralysis? died in my dream & couldnt wake up

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

is this sleep paralysis? died in my dream & couldnt wake up

Postby marion » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:22 am

I was swimming in the family pool, and then I just started drowning. i wasn't thrashing around or anything, just sinking further and further down. things started getting darker and eventually faded to black..

it was hard to wake up from the nightmare for some reason. like my brain was foggy, swimming in and out of consciousness. i opened my eyes and that's all I could manage. it was dark. my body felt heavy and I couldn't move. I was confused. and it still felt like I was still sinking.

maybe this was just part of the dream I thought. maybe I'd just wake up like I normally would when I had weird dreams or nightmares. but I couldn't wake up. I was stuck? I was stuck.

or was I dead? did I really drown swimming? was I really on a hospital bed or on the pavement around the pool desperately trying to be saved?

no. of course not. eventually I did wake up. about 10 minutes ago actually. im writing this at a quarter till 3 am and I don't think I'm going back to sleep tonight. my heart is still racing, im sweating, that was truly terrifying. and I don't even have dreams that often let alone.. whatever this was?

so that leads me to a few questions. what the fuck was that? was it sp or something different? what caused it? and most importantly, how do I keep this from happening?

thank you.

(also, I wrote this post a few hours ago on another forum but decided to try a few more out, so it is no longer 3 am for me, it's 5 am lol)
marion
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: is this sleep paralysis? died in my dream & couldnt wake

Postby briandb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi! Doesn't sound like SP. It looks like you created a death experience. It can be a way of dealing with ideas and fears you have about death. There's no way to stop your ideas about death, but you can explore them and learn from them, which the dream/experience helps with. If it does happen again, you'll be more prepared for it, and explore it from a slightly different perspective. You can use your imagination to navigate.
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors