Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Monster tree swaying against my home a stormy night

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Monster tree swaying against my home a stormy night

Postby vittra » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:29 pm

I dreamed this nearly a week ago. I wrote it down immediately. Unfortunately I can not find monster tree or anything similar in the dictionary.

In the dream it was night and stormy, almost hurricane. The place was my childhood home. In the middle of the house I looked out to the backyard, where there is forest. To the left side was the monster tree. Its face pointed against the house. It was a spruce. The branches made the body. It had great white eyes and a mouth that were not made of the tree. The face smiled like a witch. In the wind it swayed so much that I thought it would collapse. It looked like it was bowing against the house.

Afterwards I dreamed something else that not necessarily was related to the dream.
vittra
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Monster tree swaying against my home a stormy night

Postby briandb » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:52 am

This can represent childhood fears that haven't been fully processed. You may have felt the same way at night during storms, for example, just without the visual to help tell the story. This fear can appear in other places in your life, too, where you feel like there is something "stormy" and dangerous nearby, and you are trying to stay safe. If you want, lend some of your strength and fearlessness to child you.

Just a guess. Let me know if that's off, or if there's more to it
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Monster tree swaying against my home a stormy night

Postby vittra » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:24 am

Thanks for the reply

I am nowadays not at all afraid that trees will fall down over me. I have my own worries in work and social life that I will not tell about here. Simply the monster tree, storm and night could symbolize some of these. It would have been interesting to know how many branches the tree had. And what a monster tree could symbolize.
vittra
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors