Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I'm About To Die In A Plane Crash

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

I'm About To Die In A Plane Crash

Postby pfc2009 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:25 am

I had a very scary dream last night. I was on a plane sitting in first class in the front row, which was the best seat on the plane. (Note: In real life I have never been able to afford first class). I got bumped back a couple rows when I was told I was mistakenly seated in the wrong seat. Behind the rows of seats was an area where there was an on-board masseuse and I was lying on my back about to get my massage. The female masseuse starts massaging my shoulders when I hear a loud bang and there was a jolt. She didn't seem at all concerned and just kept on going, so I just closed my eyes again while she continued. Oddly enough, she worked her way from my shoulders to my breasts and I was completely startled by that, but since I had never had a massage I thought it was odd, but maybe that's just what they do. It didn't feel sexual, just odd. It only lasted a few seconds and then another very loud bang and another jolt. I didn't panic at first because it already happened once and everyone remained calm. I did, however, look up at the masseuse because this time she stopped the massage, and instead of fear on her face, she was looking straight forward like a robot with zero expression on her face, and then she started slowly counting down. 6-5-4-3-2-1. The plane was in a nose dive heading straight down. Oddly enough though I didn't fall off of the table and the masseuse remained standing upright as if the plane was level. As soon as she hit the number"1" in her countdown, I could feel heat building and coming up from the front of the plane as it was crashing into the earth and I knew I was going to die any second now. So I just closed my eyes and thought to myself that it was ok though because I would die instantly and wouldn't feel any pain. Then I woke up just before I died.

I would love to have some feedback as to what this dream could possibly mean. I woke up and told my husband about it and told him that I will never again get on a plane because of this dream. He didn't seem as worried about it as I am. Anyone have any ideas what this could mean so I don't really avoid planes the rest of my life? Thanks.
pfc2009
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I'm About To Die In A Plane Crash

Postby briandb » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 am

Plane crashes make great death experience dream settings, because you can't run, you sort of know it's coming, and you give yourself time to start actually thinking about death (similar to how we are all dealing with our own deaths). For your death experience, you get a massage, an attendant, and even a countdown. So it's at least partly about being able to explore these tough ideas from a place of comfort. Massaging the breasts seems to be about overcoming barriers to deeper comfort.

That's a thought, feel free to disagree
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors