Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring Dream of a Home Invader

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring Dream of a Home Invader

Postby LucidLucy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:21 pm

For probably the past 3 years, at stressful points in my life, I've gotten used to stress-induced nightmares. While they range from long epic and slightly random fights for my life to being jolted awake by a creepy guy in the park, I've had a recurring dream that is frankly the scariest. In these dreams, that always differ slightly, my home is broken into by a man with reddish-brown hair and this smug look on his face. He always looks different, sometimes he's younger and clean shaven and sometimes he's older with a goatee but I know it's the same guy. The first time I had the dream we just stared at each other. He didn't try to approach me or even hurt me but I knew that my family was in danger. I couldn't speak or make any other noise than a wheezy exhale. Finally, he let me run past him and I ran to the neighbours to try to explain but all I could do was say "Help, Help, Help". I woke up after turning back to my home and knowing that I had left my family alone with that man. The next time I had this dream I tried to fight but my arms felt too heavy and slow to hit him and I couldn't get my body to move fast enough to tackle him or run. I woke up after he pointed a gun at my family. The last dream I had with this man, I was completely unable to move or speak. All I could do was lie in my bed as he touched my leg and finally yanked me to the floor by my ankle and told me his plans about what he was going to do to my loved ones and valuables.

I understand that these dreams are probably about my fears of being defenseless and unable to help the people I care about but I'd like some insight! If anyone has any thoughts on the man himself, I'd be very interested to hear them. The only man I know who vaguely looks like him would be my dad but we have a very good and positive relationship so I don't think he represents my father...
LucidLucy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring Dream of a Home Invader

Postby briandb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 am

You can try listing out how you feel about the man and all the things he reminds you of. You may find that the collection of ideas is an abstract force in your life that behaves the same way. Sometimes you'll see it in people around you, sometimes just your thoughts. Or, you can plan to talk to him next time you see him, and ask him who he is.
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors