Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Old House, Bitten by Rat

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Old House, Bitten by Rat

Postby Doodle5916 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello. I’m needing some help understanding my dream. I woke up after an hour nap with my heart pounding and feeling disoriented. Before I fell asleep I was thinking about how unhappy I am with some of the pieces in my wedding so my dream seems unrelated to what happened right before.

Dream: I was in a room similar to my parents childhoodaster bedroom. My adoptive father (haven’t spoken to him in a year, haven’t seen him in 8) was in a recliner. I was cleaning his bathroom and under the sink cabinet I saw some movement but it didn’t register until too late that it was a very large pale grey rat with almost human like eyes. It was so calm, it jumped over Walter (adopted dad) and onto the bed. My dogs were going after it and it clamped down on my poodles face. I get the rat off him by literally takin the thing into my hand. It’s still fairly calm, it bites me twice, once on each hand as I switch it around, but the bite seems more like it wanted to hurt me than to necessarily get away? I tell Walter we need to kill it and get me to an ER. He says we need to focus on cleaning because he’s trying to have a “brand new house” that my mother never let him have. I scream and tell him something along the lines of I NEED to go to the ER because I probably need shots! So he ends up taking me though he’s very unhappy about it.

I managed to force myself awake and first thing I did was check my hands, i was clammy, shaking and heart pounding.
Doodle5916
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Old House, Bitten by Rat

Postby briandb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi. It looks like you're recalling past situations where you needed help, but others slept through it or didn't understand. You may feel like the dogs understood you or were taking care of you. To start healing pain you may feel here, imagine your adult self listening to and being supportive of a younger you.

That's an idea, anyway. Feel free to reinterpret.
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors