Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Getting left behind

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Getting left behind

Postby Mr.Anderson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:42 am

I keep having this recurring dream/nightmare, it never makes me feel pleasent and I spend a lot of time thinking about it. I know that's probably not the best but I can't help it.

In summary the dream always starts out quite nice, I'm hanging out with this foreign exchange student (Someone in real life that I had a romantic relationship with while they were here) somewhere, we're laughing and having a great time. We end up going back to my house and then for some reason I tell him I'm just going to go out cause I need to do something. Usually it's something not necessary at all like just browsing shops, or hanging out with friends. Then when I return to my room to see him and cuddle him, he isn't there. I assume he's mad at me. Sometimes I don't assume he's mad at me, but each time the main point that resonates with me is that he's no longer with me. I guess the underlying meaning is obvious; I didn't want him to leave, but it's been a fair while since he did return home. I don't know why this is only happening now? What's weirder is that I'm capable of lucid dreaming and waking myself up from a dream when I want to, but with these dreams/nightmares i'm unable to do it.

This isn't the first time i've had a recurring dream about someone leaving. When I was young, even to several months ago (Im 21 now) i've had the dream that I would run around this forest with mice for hours on end collecting these little dots, eventually I'd go to a cliff overlooking the sea and look out, when this Darth Vader helmet/rocket like thing comes up level to me and the mask flips open and reveals my Dad, alone in the spaceship in a single chair and he tells me he's leaving forever then blasts off into space. I'm always crying. I can't lucid dream in these dreams either.

I think my question is: Why do I keep having these dreams? What do they all inherently mean from the sounds of it? And what can I do to break the cycle? I'm so tired of waking up crying (and Im not someone who cries often, nor likes it) and feeling terrible.
Mr.Anderson
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors