Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Visitors

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Visitors

Postby dantiana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 am

Lately, I've been really stressed. I'm having many family problems right now, my parents around about to divorce and me and my mothers relationship is starting to deteriorate. I argue with her and her side of the family all the time, which truly saddens me. This stress has been spiking up the amount of nightmares I have. These past few months I've just been having nightmare after nightmare. It's 5:24AM right now, and I've just been woken up from another one.

Tonight my dream was a bit weird. Keep in mind that I had a really stressful day right before falling asleep. In the dream I was visited by two girls around my age in my old home (lately a lot of my dreams have been taking place in my old home. I moved about two years ago), it's late at night. The first girl was just speaking to me through the night, as if she was trying to get my mind off of everything that was going on in my life right now. At one point we had made our way to the kitchen for something to drink (I was sweating in real life so clearly I was thirsty) and my father had woken up to get ready for work, he didn't pay any mind to the girl; as if she wasn't even there. He just gave me an odd look. The second girl arrived and she had a much more dark appearance, gothic I guess. She seemed to attempt to calm my nerves and assure me everything was okay. The thing was that in my dream they weren't real. They were in my head, like imaginary friends and I had realized that when the second girl appeared. And the unsettling part was the vibes I was getting off of them. They just seemed very evil and ingenuine. I was terrified the entire time. And right before waking up, their shadowy figures were hovering over me while I was laying in my bed about to go to sleep, and they were telling me goodbye and goodnight. Then I woke up right after. As if I had just left their world. I woke up sweating and petrified to open my eyes, in fear that they would be right there in my room.

I'm deeply unsettled by this dream and I don't know what to make of it. Someone please give me some kind of explanation.
(No, this isn't a recurring dream. I never have those. All of my nightmares/dreams are new, never recurring)
dantiana
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Visitors

Postby briandb » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Hey! From my own experiences, visitors in dreams can often times feel very scary, even if they appear to be friends on some level. I've learned that the scary parts can be taken as a gift, as they are showing you aspects of yourself that are ready to be acknowledged and healed. They might tell you something like "your fear is from facing dark parts of yourself, and you don't have to be afraid." Finding your own fearlessness in their presence may help you out in your life situation, and can lead to more friendships.

That's a guess, but trust yourself on how you want to react to the experience. Feel free to ask questions.

Brian
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors