Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Overwhelming Sense of Fear

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Overwhelming Sense of Fear

Postby dreamer9595 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:24 am

Hello everyone,

2 weeks ago I posted about a recurring dream I kept having, several nights in a row. I thought it was so cool. I was suddenly remembering my dreams so clearly. Well, now I am just frustrated and would really like some insight if anyone could provide it.

These last 6 or 7 nights I have woken in the morning to see my bedside light turned on and I VAGUELY remember waking up in the middle of the night absolutely TERRIFIED, but I do not know why. The first few nights this happened, I remembered waking up really scared, but since about 3 or 4 nights ago, I wake up in the morning and my bedside light is on but I do not recall turning it on.

I guess my questions are the following...

Could night terrors / nightmares be whats waking me up and causing me to turn my light on?
Why do I not remember turning my light on these past few nights?

Sorry if this sounds silly! Thanks for any help :)
dreamer9595
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Overwhelming Sense of Fear

Postby TenderLC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:53 am

Dreamer9595,

I answered your previous post that will explain much more about this issue.
As for your questions in this post, YEs!! and you might not remember because you are still in a stage of sleepiness when you wake up in the night that you could do almost anything and not remember what you did.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Overwhelming Sense of Fear

Postby RESEARCHERPIXCOM » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 am

NOW CASTING: MY WORST NIGHTMARE is a new documentary series that profiles people who experience vivid, recurring nightmares, through first-hand accounts and cinematic re-enactments.

We are currently casting men and women (18-75) in Canada and USA whose lives, at some point past or present, have been negatively impacted by recurring nightmares. We are looking for people who can describe their nightmares in detail, and also open up about the events in their personal lives that may be triggering these bad dreams.

If this sounds like you, or someone you know, send an email with the subject line “My Worst Nightmare” to myworstnightmare@pixcom.com

Please include:
- Name
- Phone number
- Photo
- Please send a description of your dream (s) from the first person perspective.
- Tell us if you have a friend/ family or therapist who might be willing to talk on camera about the tole this nightmare has been taking on you (and maybe them too)!

** Once you submit your information, a casting producer may contact you with more information (casting process, etc.)**
RESEARCHERPIXCOM
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors