Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Stomach Churning Nightmares

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Stomach Churning Nightmares

Postby cubedpotatoes » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Alright, so I've been having a reoccurring element in some of my nightmares my whole life and I can't understand it.

Usually in my nightmares, it won't become bad until I become lucid and then all things start to get scary. When this happens, any characters that are in my dream will either disappear, get killed or separated from me, or turn into something that is going to torment me. They will claw or grab me and hold me in place, in which they begin to create this strange stomach growling sensation in my abdominal region. It's really odd to describe, nothing like a typical hungry stomach growl. Imagine (if you will), someone filled your gut with jelly and water slush, and began making it vibrate and churn inside you through your intestines (pretty much the best way I can describe it). Sometimes I'll feel it toward my upper stomach, usually around the area of my navel, and sometimes closer toward my pelvic area. The feeling isn't particularly painful (no burning sensation or dull pain), but incredibly unpleasant and heavy. The feeling is slightly arousing for the first second, and then it immediately becomes dreadful. All you think about is making it stop, trying desperately to wake up or wishing your phone would go off and wake you up that way. The only way to block it, is to (somehow) turn your stomach away from whatever is attacking you and cover it up. When I was 3, I began laying down on my stomach before going to bed to be prepared for the rumbles. It will usually last until I wake up, anywhere from 5 seconds to 1 minute.

The beings that do this come in all shapes, sizes, and forms. I've gotten monsters, robots, demons, babies (& baby dolls), cartoons, mummies, animals, people I know, cars, machines, aliens, painted portraits, you name it, I've probably gotten it. But the most frequent character I get it from, is my mother. Yes, I'll be relaxing in a dream thinking that I'm doing something in real life, and next thing you know, I'm getting my intestinal juices stirred inside of me by my demonically possessed mother via an unknown force. Over time, I've gotten better at realizing that I'm in a dream before she ever shows up, so I can just wake up before she comes or just expect it to happen.

I really would like to know if anyone else has similar experiences, or if there is a term that describes the type of nightmare or feeling. I've searched the forum and I could not find anything yet. Please let me know if you can help me out or share an experience. :)
cubedpotatoes
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors