Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Creepiest shortest nightmare I've ever had

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Creepiest shortest nightmare I've ever had

Postby Lynx787 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am

Last night I was falling asleep in front of my computer so I decided to take a nap on the couch. I lied down and listened to a video on my phone when next thing I know I'm sitting in front of the computer again as if I never left it. I didn't think any of it until I moved my mouse and the screen froze, turned gray, and it twitched like a bad antenna signal. My first thought was that my computer was being hacked. My reflexes kicked in and I was half way off my chair about to grab the corner of the screen with my right hand when suddenly a shadow appeared in front of my arm. I thought it was my arm's shadow, but the shadow arm was long and thin, it was the wrong shape and in the wrong position, even the hand looked like a cartoon hand. Half of it touched the computer screen while the other half touched the wall behind it. The hand moved slowly toward me and I instantly leaped away from it, knocking my chair back violently. I turned to my mother sitting on the recliner just a few feet away from me. She was watching TV like nothing was wrong. I yelled out to her but the sounds around me became distorted. My vision blurred. I could hear mom laughing at something she watched by it sounded underwater. I heard a loud whistle mixed with static on my right ear while white static formed on the corner of my right eye. The white static slowly covered my vision from right to left until my right eye saw white static and my left saw a heavily blurred vision of my mom laughing at the TV like I wasn't even there. I was so scared I thought the apartment was suddenly haunted, that something was possessing me. Then suddenly it hit me. Mom wasn't supposed to be home with me. She's overseas for another few days. I took the risk and closed my eyes, despite my terror I managed to chant to myself "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" My whole body twitched and I when I opened my eyes I was lying on the couch. The TV and computer were off and I was alone.

In all my years that was the most terrifying nightmare I can remember. Can anyone share their thoughts?
Lynx787
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors