Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

End of the world nightmare?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

End of the world nightmare?

Postby nrkraye » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

Last night I had a dream where the world was ending and on the first day it was 107 *F. The world was heating up due to global warming and soon the whole world would become too hot. Anyways, in my dream I was on the first day of the "world ending" so it was 107 so it was hot but not like terrible yet. The whole world was freaking out and everyone was like one man for themselves or whatever. It was just a really depressing dream and everyone was scared. Later in my dream I realized that my cats hadn't been fed for like 2 days and I was just crying in my dream because I didn't want them to pass away. I went to my dads house and my mom came over too and she kept on blaming me for the cats not being fed and blamed me for all these things that I don't remember. I told her she was being narcissistic and then I told them that I would "just kill myself if she kept on blaming me for things I couldn't control and that the world was ending anyways" And then my dad thought I was being serious and he held out a melting deodorant stick (because of the heat it was melting) and we all thought in my dream that eating a deodorant stick would kill me (it seemed normal in my dream) anyways then my dad woke me up and my dream ended.

Obviously this all sounds terrible but I have a normal relationship with my parents. Sure there are ups and downs and we are all going through a lot right now but I don't know why I get all these nightmares, it makes me so tired in the morning. Thanks so much! Any help interpreting would be very much appreciated
nrkraye
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: End of the world nightmare?

Postby TenderLC » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 pm

nrkraye,
It seems you are dreaming about things that you have no control over. One is global warming, the world ending as you know it, and then you cannot
control or change your parents. They can change themselves, but no body else can. Killing yourself seems like a way to blackmail your folks, and they seem to call your game by offering you the means, but actually since it is your dream you are playing out the game in your dreams.

Perhaps you are wondering in real life about what to do, which way to turn, to stay or go, etc???? Are you having troubles in real life that demand
decisions that you feel a bit criticized for? Your parents may be telling you, or you are telling you that it is or should be "no sweat" since you brought
up the idea in your dream about the deodorant. The cats might be your more physical nature, the part of you that explores, and the sensual side of you.
You are not feeding the cats in the dream but that could also be a simple statement about that side of yourself is not being attended to.

I hope this helps you. Let us know what you think.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors