Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Reoccurring storm dream in childhood home

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Reoccurring storm dream in childhood home

Postby amdor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Last night I had it again:
I am in in bed, in the small house I grew up. There's a wind storm, accompanied with thunder and I could see the acacia trees in our yard barely holding onto their roots. I was scared that our house won't hold, as the wind was very strong (this was actually my grandma's concern every time there was a storm, when she was alive). In this dream my grandma's always alive and sleeping, if that matters.
I couldn't determine the direction of the wind - it was either west or east, but in the dream I was imagining the storm being a smerch/tornado, going in circle, moving from east to west.

Usually when I have this dream, I have the feeling that all my family members are there and are all asleep, but I don't always see them. Sometimes I feel the urge to wake them and warn them of the dangerous storm, whether it's thunderstorm, wind, earthquake or flooding. I dream this scenario 2-3 times a year and I'm usually very scared in it, because when I was little, I was very afraid of thunders, which probably influences the feeling.
amdor
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Reoccurring storm dream in childhood home

Postby thefatbakers » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:30 am

Nice
thefatbakers
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Reoccurring storm dream in childhood home

Postby Ghuntington » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 am

Hi,
Before I give you my interpretation of your dream as if it's mine, I want to first preface this with what I believe dreams are and what we are trying to tell us via them.

I believe that we come from the dreamworld and that we live in a virtual reality (VR). All this might sound like hocus pocus and not believable. However, even science is slowly heading in the direction of thinking about us living in a VR. Google "double slit experiment", "Erasure experiment" and "digital physics". All of this is a growing hypothesis that we are in a VR.

This fits in with all my experiences. I've learnt that I have thousands of other lives AND that they live at the same time as I do. This is totally possible if we live in VR's.

So, what's the purpose of the oddles of VR's? It's to learn about compassion. Not being compassionate in a VR is but one of many different ways of exploring compassion.

What do we do before we enter the VR, i.e. incarnate? We carefully select our life circumstances. We then carefully select our personality. It is what I call a "reality filter" that screens out our greater reality, i.e. outside our own VR. We then forget all that we know and are born.

We then, via our dreams, meditations, out of body experiences and life experiences, send ourselves LOTS of messages about who we really are. Sadly, most of us aren't listening and thus are left interpreting our reality and our dreams literally.

When we have recurring dreams, it's been my experience that these are like blinking spiritual lights saying "Hey me! Spiritually wake up and learn to listen to myself." It's been my own experience that once I do, the dreams stop. I also note that when we really want to get our attention, we create dreams where our fears are greatest and/or have people we know or love doing strange things. All of these are ways for us to awake recalling the dream and then essentially forcing ourselves, over years, to face ourself.

So, with all this said, on to the recurring dream...

First, I consider the dream scene location. I could create this dream in any reality, any time, any place and yet...it's in my childhood home. I've learnt that rooms, houses and buildings in my dreams are symbols of masculine based beliefs. They effectively "wall myself off" from my greater reality, i.e. outside. So, I am dealing with a series of beliefs that are now restricting my own spiritual growth.

Why my childhood home? I am sending myself a message that the underlying beliefs and the surface level fears they produce stem from the time when I was a child. I make a note to myself to go back and examine events in my life that occurred then. There is something I haven't dealt with, that I am now in a position to deal with, if I so choose to.

My grandmother is with me in this dream. Why? She too shares the same underlying beliefs that this dream is about. However, she didn't deal with them in her life. However, she's still dealing with it after she dies. She's sleeping, i.e. she still isn't ready to deal with this.

On a side note, I've worked with relatives of mine who died and then were still dealing with their beliefs, many, many years after their death.

I can see the acacia trees in the yard. This is not by accident. Any type of life in our dream, i.e.creatures, trees, etc. are there for a reason. i've found that often my teachers take on these forms to teach me things about myself. I suggest you go here and read about the acacia tree as a totem https://www.buildingbeautifulsouls.com/ ... symbolism/.

And now I come to the point of the dream...the BIG STORM. It is threatening my masculine based beliefs. The storm is a symbol of my feminine. There I am, VERY scared of my feminine. It's threatening to bring down my masculine based beliefs. Yet, I continually avoid facing myself to address this, which is why I keep having the same dream, over and over and over.

I'll end with some words from an entity named Silver Birch. He was brought through in the 1900's by a man named Maurica Barbanelle. Like many entities, Silver Birch is very wise...

"Life is always a polarity. If there were no darkness there would be no light. If there were no trouble there could never be any peace. If the sun always shone you would not appreciate it. You have to learn sometimes through conditions that seem a nuisance. One day you will look back and say, "We learned our best lessons not when the sun was shining, but when the storm was at its greatest, when the thunder roared, the lightning flashed, the clouds obscured the sun and all seemed dark and hopeless". It is only when the soul is in adversity that some of its greatest possibilities can be realised."

As within so without. We create real physical events to force us to look inward.

I hope some of this resonates deep within you.

With kind regards,
Guy :)
Ghuntington
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors