Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Emergency Interpretations Needed

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Emergency Interpretations Needed

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:50 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Use of Offensive Language Ahead

For the last few nights, I have been plagued with obscure and confusing nightmares. I can only remember one of them, but they have prevented me from getting a decent night sleep. I am exhausted and afraid to go to sleep. Please help:

I dream that my parents bought a building a couple towns over called The Pavillion (this is a real place) which is next to a theatre. When we get there, the keys are under the rug and no one is around to close on the deal except for an elderly couple who basically say "its yours" and walk away. We all go inside and the place is a mess, There are boxes and graffitti on the walls and paper everywhere. There is a sign in the center of the main room that says "Welcome to The Pavillion, Fuck You, Get Out" and it has a middle finger "emoji" painted on it. We start to clean and the elderly couple comes back and gives me a box cutter to help us break down boxes. They leave and don't come back. After we've been cleaning for a while, things start to move on their own. It's like a poltergeist of some sort. My family assumes that it i a haunted object that is causing the issue so we gather up all of the trash and old furniture and burn it. The activity stops and we go home. After a couple of days, weird things start happening at my house. Things are flying, we see shadows, hear voices, etc. I ask a friend who used to work at The Pavillion about it and they inform me that the box cutter I have used to belong to the owners of the building and that they had died several months earlier. That is why the building had gone up for sale. Now knowing that the box cutter was the haunted object, we went back to The Pavillion to burn it. We start to fill a camping pot with kindling an we start the fire inside of it (I don;t know why because there was a wood burning oven in the kitchen). As I got to throw the knife into he fire, a large, metal bowl comes flying across the room (presumably thrown by the spirit) and hits me in the head. That's when i woke up.

If you need more info to help, I can answer questions. Please just help, I can't do this.
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Emergency Interpretations Needed

Postby Amalthea » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi, Kelly_With_Art

To have a better sleep when worried you will repeat a dream that has disturbed, tell yourself before bed no matter what it can't hurt you, is only a dream and you can control it, even from within the dream if you need to do so.

To start it is a dream saying you feel unwanted in your life, in your surroundings, that could reach within your family and friends circle or farther reaching like your whole community. Since your family is with you, you may feel like have been outcast in some way along with you in this community.

The elderly couple could be your past, something older than right now, that represents before, not in the now.

The middle finger is basically a way to tell someone I don't care about you, so either you don't care about yourself or someone close to you-you feel should care but doesn't.

Things moving on their own could be time passing by.

The box cutter is a way to get into things, make it easier to open things up. Could mean the keeping of secrets. Open something and see what is inside.

You burn something to make it gone, exist no more. What in your life so you wish no longer existed, and what do you want gone, forgotten? Just like the "Get Out" from the graffiti, you want it to get out of your life.

Hit you to wake you up, was on purpose, not to hurt you, but to help you. Make you think. The elderly couple was to help, not hurt too possibly.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby TenderLC » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Kelly,
It seems to me that your parents have bought a huge responsibility, and you seem to take on the chores of cleaning up another's mess. That might be scary in itself. A feeling or spirit that hangs around is also a kind of responsibility as the feelings demand attention and since it is your dream you might feel you need to either face it or deny it to avoid it. Burning things to get rid of them seems appropriate but that is actually like trying to avoid again. Knives and box cutters are "points" that someone is trying to make. They may be intended to help in someway, but really they also seem to be a bit dangerous to you as you found that it was haunting you as well. In other words another responsibility of sorts, like someone wants you to finish a job you might not actually feel is your own. Haunting you is like nagging, isn't it? The pot thrown at you might be yet another message that you are doing the wrong thing by avoiding responsibility. Not meant to hurt you but may feel like a demand to face something by tearing it apart, break it down and realize something.

All in all, it seems you are dreaming of an inner argument of some kind. The message on the wall might be yourself telling you something you find surprising to hear. How you interpret it depends on what your inner dialog is like. Are you telling yourself to just **** Off? Or is that the old couple sending you the message? That might play into your struggles with responsibility vs taking it easy, of goofing off, or?????? It could also be a message you want to tell those above you to do when they make demands or at least seem to make them?? I think you have to look within to find out more about this. The dream is all yours, so you sort of wrote it while sleeping. I'm pretty sure the fear you might feel during the dream has to do with whatever consequences may come depending on which way you decide to behave. Is guilt involved with the prospect of not doing what is expected along with anger for feeling so put-upon by circumstances and/or demands?

I hope this helps you. Please let us know how you see this now, O.k.? Best wishes.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:22 am

Thank you both for your interpretations. After reading them and thinking through it, I can see how I may be arguing with myself or having some sort of internal struggle. I am currently getting ready to enter college and I have been dealing with some very important decisions and conflicts since I made my decision to go. I have had a lot of worries and anxieties, wondering if I'm missing something or if my major really is the right choice even though this is what I've always wanted to do with my life. I haven't gone for help from anyone, even though I have a support system in my family and friends. Perhaps telling myself to f*** off is me trying to turn my brain off long enough to sleep or think about something else. I'm cannot express how happy I am that you have interpreted this for me because I would never have been able to pick this apart myself.
Thank you again!
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Amalthea » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 pm

You're welcome. Changing your life is a major thing, as in going to college and your mind is bound to take you strange places when asleep trying to make sense of as you said all the worries you are saving up when awake. Best of luck in school.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby TenderLC » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Kelly,
Just so you know, once you get into school you can always shift your major if you want to. There are also many counselors available to students, and you usually will have a professor as an advisor. Kind of depends on the school, but that is usually how it goes. May I ask what your major is? And best wishes in whatever you do. :)
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm

TenderLC wrote:Kelly,
Just so you know, once you get into school you can always shift your major if you want to. There are also many counselors available to students, and you usually will have a professor as an advisor. Kind of depends on the school, but that is usually how it goes. May I ask what your major is? And best wishes in whatever you do. :)

Thank you very much. I will be majoring in anthropology which is the study of human culture and the evolution of culture.
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TenderLC » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:32 am

Kelly-with-art,
That is a cool major!! I hope you have fun with that.

About 80% of students alter their major. I am one of those. Started in Art and eventually, after dropping out for a few years to make money, went on
to Psych.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:16 pm

TenderLC wrote:Kelly-with-art,
That is a cool major!! I hope you have fun with that.

About 80% of students alter their major. I am one of those. Started in Art and eventually, after dropping out for a few years to make money, went on
to Psych.

I have always found Psych to be interesting, but it isn't my cup of tea. But I find it interesting enough that I joined this site. I hope it all works out in the end!
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors