Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

dear old dad's drunken buddy ran me over

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

dear old dad's drunken buddy ran me over

Postby abbynormal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:42 pm

I dreamt my dad was still alive as he was in his 50s, and one of his drunk friends took him for a ride in his humongous triple-sized jeep CJ-5, about the size of a Hummer. before I could get out of the way, the damned fool jerked forward and ran me over, my belt getting caught in the front bumper guard kept me from getting run over and smushed by those ginormous tires that were as tall as I was, I was shouting "STOPSTOP STOP YOU'RE RUNNING ME OVER GDAMMIT!" but the fool ignored me, I could feel the ground underneath my clothing as I was dragged backwards, and when he hit a dip I was finally able to wrest myself free and get out of the way. then he stopped, and glared at me on the ground beside the jeep and cussed me out for interrupting him and said he was gonna clobber me for that, but before he could get out I jumped up on the fender and bopped him between his eyes, busting his glasses and bloodying his face, then I awoke. :shock:
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: dear old dad's drunken buddy ran me over

Postby Amalthea » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:22 am

That is interesting. To run someone over could be to take advantage of, then leave them behind without worry or care as to how they feel.

Have any friends of your own that treat you this way, or treated you similar recently, even a SO would work in the scenario. You got through it, and they didn't win, you got the last laugh( hit) in. Almost like no matter what life throws at you and tries to take you down with you will come out victorious and it won't knock you down, out or over.

The size of the truck might be in relation to the size of the issue in your unconscious too.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: dear old dad's drunken buddy ran me over

Postby abbynormal » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Amalthea wrote:That is interesting. To run someone over could be to take advantage of, then leave them behind without worry or care as to how they feel. Have any friends of your own that treat you this way, or treated you similar recently, even a SO would work in the scenario. You got through it, and they didn't win, you got the last laugh( hit) in. Almost like no matter what life throws at you and tries to take you down with you will come out victorious and it won't knock you down, out or over.
The size of the truck might be in relation to the size of the issue in your unconscious too.

I must admit that the dream was wholly walter-mitty-ish in that in real waking life, stuff like that has happened to me and the people managed to swing opinion against me that it was my fault somehow for being there or even being alive. the only aspect of that dream that jibes with my actual reality is that the brassholes in my life somehow have not succeeded in taking me out, that despite their opinion that "this world ain't big enough for the both of us," that i'm still here and they are still fuming about it.
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors