Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring hell dogs

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring hell dogs

Postby Soulless » Sun May 13, 2018 6:56 am

So ive been having this same dream for years and its a little odd and scarry to everyone I tell about it. Let me start by saying EVERY TIME I have this dream I wake from it around 3:06am and when I told a few people that .....well they said something about the devils hour and it kinda makes sense.........

The dream is always exactly the same

Im laying in bed asleep and get awakened by three crazy looking demon/hell dogs bitting andripping at my legs and arms and dragging me off the bed to what I can only describe as a type of hole or portal but I always wake before we get to the bottom.

Now im the kind of person who always jokes about everything so I just say it must be my time to go run hell but who knows lol.

I have had prblems sleeping since I was a child I can fall asleep but cant stay asleep and it never fails I always wake in the 3oclock hour most times I fall back to sleep but I always wake up no matter what

Also this dream feels more real and painful yes painful I can actually feel every tooth and nail rip my skin . I have awakened a few girlfriends during this dream and they all say they were trying to wake me up but I would not wake I would only thrash about and scream in pain.....it always scared them to the point that some would say I need help lol. So if anyone has a little insight .............thanks
Soulless
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring hell dogs

Postby briandb » Mon May 14, 2018 5:04 pm

You might hear different opinions on this, but here’s mine after having gone through similar experiences. The dream is powered by the fear of going through the portal, as well as the fear of getting shredded by the dogs. It looks like you’ve started to get your footing here when you joke around about running hell - that means you aren’t completely overpowered by the dream. Keep facing these fears. Imagine them dragging you through the portal, but you can face whatever happens down there. Imagine the dogs tearing you up, but you aren’t actually harmed. If you can stay still and know that you’ll be ok no matter what they try, the dream will quickly change course. Try saying “good doggies” or something like that the next time you see them. Maybe they’re just playing their favorite game with their long-lost master. : )

Easier said than done, but you’ll start changing the experience little by little.

The experience will also tie in metaphorically to your life in some way. You may go through days where you feel as if vicious dogs were trying to drag you to hell, for example. Facing the fears in the dream will give you a head start on facing the ideas in your waking life, and vice-versa.

In my opinion, waking up during the “witching hour” or “demon hour” in another way we intensify the demonic experience for ourselves and start blurring the barrier between dreams and waking life. Your sleeping self and the dream are mysteriously connected to the time on the clock - who’s to say exactly how.
briandb
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Recurring hell dogs

Postby Soulless » Mon May 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Thank you for your response, first aside from lastnight ive still woken up at 3amish every night but I went to the trampoline park with the kids so I was beat lol but the dream I've had it twice since I posted and as always I wake before the end and I feel it to the point the the next day my legs are hurting as well as my arms from trying to hold on to the bed and stop from being drug down its really annoying sometimes. Im not the type to be frieghtened but much of anything aside from failure so I cant understand why in this dream im so scared because thats just not me. But I am really interested to see where this trip may take me even if it is the depths of my own hell I nedd to see the end so I will try anything thanks again
Soulless
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors