Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

First ever nightmare at 62

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

First ever nightmare at 62

Postby BJW » Thu May 10, 2018 1:33 pm

2 nights ago I had my first ever nightmare. My first ever dream that has been so vivid in my mind for more than a couple of hours.
It started with be shouting "Go away, get out, leave me alone, I'm not coming. I'm not ready yet. I was kicking my legs and arms in unisen upward to such an extent that the quilt was turned almost 90 degrees on the bed. I remember my wife asking what's the matter - was I alright - I was still shouting and thrusting my legs and arms, but this time my eyes were open, and i saw a sort of figure slightly to my right just ahead of my feet, which were now out of the bed, The figure seemed to have what looked like a fancy dress mask, was a pale greyish colour, and appeared to fade away below the waist, just like a modellers mannikin that was suspended a few feet above the floor. I remember saying to my wife, it's still there as I was still shouting it to clear off and leave me alone. My mind seemed awake at the time, but my body asleep.
I then fully awoke and calmed down, but everything was so vivid in my mind, and still is.
Was there any meaning to this?
BJW
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: First ever nightmare at 62

Postby briandb » Thu May 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Hey there. Many night terror and sleep paralysis experiences are similar - involving visitations and aggression towards the visitor. Research sleep paralysis, if you haven’t yet. It is fairly normal and can be interpreted in different ways. You may see the theme of intrusion and unwanted journeys in your life right now.

It’s interesting that you remember saying “I’m not coming” and “I’m not ready yet.” Many out of body experiences begin with visitations. If you acclimate to the visitor’s presence, and they seem friendly, you can agree for them to take you on a dream-like trip, which can be anything. If you’re interested in that idea, you may be opening up to it over time.
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: First ever nightmare at 62

Postby cannydreams » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 am

My first impression I got from reading your dream/nightmare and you saying this is your first nightmare before is some angel of death possibly trying to take you before you were ready to go and you told them firmly no! "I am not ready!" Have you any concerns about your health, worries, have a recent doctor appointment, have a family member with ill health or a friend of similar age rely to you about health or illness.. I feel like this has to do with your feelings about your mortality and something would have had to trigger this nightmare in your real life recently for you to experience a nightmare( since haven't before) I feel dream and nightmares come from our daily life, people around us, and our worries. Search your life to find clues.
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors