Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

figure in an alley

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

figure in an alley

Postby faithandtrust0408 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:42 pm

This dream was very short
My mom was driving me back to my house from my friend's very late at night. I was trying to sleep, so I had my eyes closed, I couldn't see anything. I felt the car turn into my neighborhood, but it was still black. All of a sudden the turn stopped midway and I was watching two people in a dark alley. The alley was enclosed with walls on all four sides, but I know it was in a city because I could hear cars driving by and I could see lights and buildings. There was a hooded figure talking to someone else in the dark. I couldn't see the person's face at all it was just a shadow. I was naturally curious and I had a feeling that they wouldn't be able to see me even if I moved closer so I did and I saw that the other person looked exactly like me! I still couldn't see the figure's face. The figure handed the other "me" a box. "I" nodded, and then I woke up. Someone, please interpret this I have no idea what it means. :chatter: :shock: :wideeye:
faithandtrust0408
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: figure in an alley

Postby Dreaming One » Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 am

That is creepy but according to The Complete A-Z Dictionary of Dreams by Ian Wallace, "Dreaming of a hooded figure can actually mean that you are buying yourself more time to complete a project or endeavour in your waking life. Perhaps you are hiding away or delaying doing something because you feel it needs more time invested in it. It's possible you don't think you have the space in your life to complete it to the best of your ability or indeed at all. It might be wise to ask for help or adjust your plan so it's more manageable.

You may feel threatened by the hooded figure in your dream- just as you may feel threatened by an aspect of your personality that you keep withdrawn and it's beginning to create a problem for you. Perhaps it's time to look at this part of yourself more closely rather than ignoring or suppressing it. Can you talk to someone? A friend, partner or family member or even a professional?

You may also feel that you are being deceived by someone close to you and your trust for that person is being tested as a result. Be careful who you open up to and let into your life as they may not be what they seemed.

If you have a secret that you've been keeping or protecting from those closest to you- this could also be a sign that you are shying away either emotionally or socially. Is this secret worth jeopardising your relationships for?"
Dreaming One
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors