Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreaming in textures

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Dreaming in textures

Postby lucidinthesky » Tue May 08, 2018 2:53 pm

I used to have these dreams when I was younger. Everything would just be white. Nothing existed but a white background. It would have a soft cashmere texture to it and I remember I would feel safe in my dream. I wasn't actually in the dream - it was more of a lucid awareness. Then the white background would slowly transition into black scratchy lines and shapes, almost like a warlike scene. The change in color and texture alternated in waves. This brought on intense feelings of anxiety in me. I would feel trapped because I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't stop the dream or wake up from it the way I could with my other recurring nightmares. When I would finally wake up, I'd be in tears.

Did anyone else experience something somewhat similar?
lucidinthesky
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dreaming in textures

Postby xxdying_angelxx » Sat May 26, 2018 9:38 pm

I thought I was the I only one! I used to have similar dreams constantly. This was back before I had control over my anxiety disorder. My dreams were almost identical to what you described, except mine included more colors. When I was a small child and had those dreams, I would vomit in my sleep (tmi, but it was always coincided). I am synesthetic and I believe that whenever I would experience high levels of anxiety in my sleep, it caused my synesthesia to go crazy in my dreams. I have since gained control over my anxiety and haven't had a dream like that in a few years, when it used to be a weekly occurrence.
xxdying_angelxx
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors