Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Wierd and Disturbing Nightmares during Childhood

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Wierd and Disturbing Nightmares during Childhood

Postby LucidDreaming » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 pm

When I was little, I used to have a lot of short, disturbingly vivid nightmares. They still confuse me to this day. :(

In one, I wake up at my Great-Great Aunt's house in my princess bed, behind her couch in the living room. I walk into the living room and there is a circle of *unicorns in tutus* dancing in a circle. I begin dancing in the middle of it, then all of a sudden her backyard, the front of the house, basically everything is on fire and the unicorns have turned into zombies, and they all lunge in to eat me. What a legend. :creeping:

In another, my dad and I are on some random green planet with a purple atmosphere when all of a sudden a bunch of tentacle monsters pop out of the ground, grab us, and begin sucking out our blood. :drool:

In yet another, I am a pancake and I am being eaten by fruitflies. The End. :dummy"

Here's a more recent one from the past three years or so. :(

I am sitting in my Third-Grade school room, and there's a nice young female substitute teacher. All of a sudden a little boy runs in, grabs a gun from the sub's purse, and shoots my best friend, then the teacher. I'm too mortified to even yell, so I run out into the hallway. The scary toddler drops the gun, and begins running after me. The dream ends when I turn around and the creepy little boy jumps at my face. :pacing:
LucidDreaming
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Wierd and Disturbing Nightmares during Childhood

Postby Dorn » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:55 pm

LucidDreaming wrote:When I was little, I used to have a lot of short, disturbingly vivid nightmares.

...everything is on fire and the unicorns have turned into zombies, and they all lunge in to eat me...
...random green planet with a purple atmosphere...tentacle monsters pop out of the ground, grab us, and begin sucking out our blood...
...a pancake...eaten by fruitflies...
These manifestations are all "paint," unfortunately. As such, they direct attention away from what is actually happening in your dream.

I am sitting in my Third-Grade school room, and there's a nice young female substitute teacher. All of a sudden a little boy runs in, grabs a gun from the sub's purse, and shoots my best friend, then the teacher. I'm too mortified to even yell, so I run out into the hallway. The scary toddler drops the gun, and begins running after me. The dream ends when I turn around and the creepy little boy jumps at my face.
Too much of the dream is missing. You see, the full dream presents a theme which is reflected by the setting as well as signs, symbols and events. Try to remember more of what happened in the dream.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors