Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Some friend of mine ate my face off

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Some friend of mine ate my face off

Postby dreamyskies » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 pm

What!!! this dream was so scary & scared me and makes me think there is something about that friend that is underlying dangerous? They got me drunk and then started cannibalizing my face, after hitting me on the head with a paperweight on their living table.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Some friend of mine ate my face off

Postby dreamyskies » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm

To add.

I'm female. They are male.

We are ONLY friends IRL. Never romantic.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:15 am

dreamyskies wrote:What!!! this dream was so scary & scared me and makes me think there is something about that friend that is underlying dangerous? They got me drunk and then started cannibalizing my face, after hitting me on the head with a paperweight on their living table.
It is the very nature of repressed thoughts to suddenly resurface and shock you into action. You have seen or heard something that makes you distrust your friend physically (violence), mentally ("eating you up") and sexually (getting you drunk). "Losing face" in front of someone is another aspect to consider, especially as he instigates it. This is a good time to subtly distance yourself from him.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks, Dorn.

He is a known player with other girls, like a serial dater. But, has never hit on me but does tell inappropriate jokes in my company but nothing I can think of off hand that would ever make me dream that about him. Should I tell him what I dreamed and see how he reacts? Or not say anything?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:13 am

dreamyskies wrote:Thanks, Dorn.
You're welcome.

He is a known player with other girls, like a serial dater. But, has never hit on me but does tell inappropriate jokes in my company but nothing I can think of off hand that would ever make me dream that about him.
Yet the dream scenario presents the very opposite, i.e., you are given his full attention to the point where he eats you alive. In other words, rather than a warning it could very well be a question of wish fulfillment.

Should I tell him what I dreamed and see how he reacts? Or not say anything?
They very fact that you're asking me suggests that you want his attention. Rather than being frightened by the prospects of being "eaten alive"--mental, physical and sexual intimidation--you seem drawn to this danger. Either way, when you tell a guy that you have dreamed about him, especially when detailing the scenario, he will interpret your outreach as a sexual invite. That leaves you vulnerable to rejection, so it comes down to how much you are willing to risk.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Thu May 03, 2018 6:45 pm

I didn't tell him about that dream after all. I felt he would think me strange to even dream that and have him in it and then he'd start saying nonsense to me and others on it.

Now reading your reply, yes, then there is that aspect of it too and I don't need that hassle either.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors