Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Graveyard with Mum and sister...

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Graveyard with Mum and sister...

Postby babybluerabbits » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

I woke up feeling so anxious from such a terrifying and intense dream last night...

I was sitting on a hill with my Mum on my left and my older sister on my right. The landscape was arctic - just a vast, endless stretch of ice and snow. I suppose it was dusk, as the sky was a soft blue and scattered with cotton candy clouds. My sister quoted two lines from my favourite song: "I couldn't find quiet, I went out in the rain; I was just soaking my head to unrattle my brain." I told her I wanted to go snowboarding. She responded by telling me I shouldn't go snowboarding because it's dangerous.

Then, the landscape changed (as it does in dreams) and we were still sitting on a hill in the same position, but we were in a graveyard. The graves were all massive - they were all like little tombstones, except that the corpses were tied to the top of the grave instead of being buried underneath. I didn't think anything of it - it seemed pretty normal. But then the corpse on the nearest grave to us woke up - like a zombie - and was trying to break free. He managed to turn over and looked at us, and said "I hate being woken up like this." It looked like he was about to escape free and I started to feel worried, but my mum and sister were totally calm and didn't say anything, as if they knew he was harmless. I was really scared and couldn't sit still anymore. The closer he got to escaping free from his ties, the more anxious I felt as I was sure he was going to come after us. So right before he freed himself, I stood up, turned around and ran away - leaving behind my mum and sister.

Any thoughts as to what this could mean?
babybluerabbits
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Graveyard with Mum and sister...

Postby briandb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi. I see two landscapes that are talking about death attempting to come to life. In the first, you and your family are the only life and warmth around. When you try to have fun, your dream is stopped by fear of danger - sort of like your life is being tied down. In the second, the corpse who is tied to death tries to free himself. The conclusion of that story is once again prevented by fear of danger. The zombies may represent aspects of yourself that have been tied down and believed to be dead. You don’t stay dead or tied down forever.

I believe you’re using your family as helpful guides. They are telling you that they are now unafraid of what’s becoming freed. Try hanging out with them soon and talking about life. You might rencounter experiences from childhood that are still holding you back, and be able to share wisdom that you’ve all gained.

Feel free to reinterpret, if that doesn’t feel right to you.

Thanks!
Brian
briandb
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors