Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring dream..

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring dream..

Postby gArCiA.VeGa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:55 pm

The reason why I'm here is because I've always felt that though dreams are based on imagination, i believe they are also proven to have had significance within your own life or others, elaborating on certain realistic courses, and events.. which play on real life circumstances.. and what you've been through, or are going through.. i have no education in this sort of field.. and am just a little curious..

I'm coming here with the hopes of gaining some outside ideas that may potentially help me understand the pandemonium in which I endure nightly... Can someone please help me decipher such a recurring dream? I'll explain with attention to detail In the best way i can, if there are other ways i can be helpful please just ask, and if there is anything else within the dream i could be missing that could.. potentially help put the pieces together, simply ask!

And is there any meaning behind a "recurring" dream?
I've had this dream since i was a child.. maybe 10 years old.. and has always managed to scare the hell out of me.. sometimes i would wake up with chills, others in cold sweats.. there were weeks when i would have this dream every night.. and months where i wouldn't dream at all. and then randomly.. and yet again years later the same dream..

The dream itself is depicting scenes that are occurring within the same instance, at the same time, in the same world. though the scenes cut from location to location, as if showing what's happening in a few different areas, all at the same time..?

I'm not completely sure in what way it starts.. or in what order the moments are supposed to occur.. i just know what i can piece together.. the dream is very misconstrued..

So i find myself in a small suburb, in a rather large city, surrounded by "starter" homes for small families.. almost every one with a front porch, white railing.. average community..? illuminating the streets with a subtle blue would be the moon and the stars, full in the night sky, beautiful night.. among which are prominent lamp posts, casting yellow shadows among the grounds. i find myself on a sidewalk.. just merrily wandering about.. it's the middle of the night, There's nobody around, almost as if the world stood still at that moment.. so peaceful.. just me.. and the sidewalk.. and there's a strange contentness within me.. now there's a scene where i notice a small yellow flower growing out of a crack in the sidewalk, more of a weed then a flower.. and now at some point in this dream, a young girl appears.. picking the flower.. and introducing herself to me with it.. now STOP remember i say this dream is happening within different areas.. So let's cut to another scene.. There's a Structure.. a type of facility.. Very large.. the size of a small mountain.. it's nothing understandable.. and nothing of the like has ever been constructed.. yet here is is unimaginably so.. It's very dark and lonely, Mechanical.. Cold.. Giving off a very disturbing vibe... as if something that is misunderstood.. this portion of the dream is shrouded in obscurity.. blurry, very distant and desolate.. As I've said it's very misunderstood.. The facility itself seemed to be a weapon, or i should say.. the "facility" is rather small.. the Complex is a HUGE weapon.
Now lets jump back to the neighborhood in which I'm still merrily strolling along the sidewalk, without a whim or worry in the world. The young girl I've suddenly accompanied myself with is again reaching out to me, wanting to GIVE me the very small flower.. really it's such a dreadfully ugly thing, small, and insignificant.. a weed.. though the notion was so beautiful, and filled with meaning.. Now at this very moment.. The dream jumps back to the weapon, not knowing what it is.. or even if it is a weapon.. just dreadfully cold.. and sinister.. letting off such an alarming vibe.. it's essence is alarming.. and the fact that i don't know what it is or where i am is equally as disturbing.. as I'm viewing this complex now.. all i see is a blurry mesh of dark steel and cold greys.. nothing significant.. though what i feel at this moment is absolute fear. Fear for this mechanical structure.. There is a large.. compressing disturbance.. as if my breath is sucked out of me.. and my head is going to implode all at once.. and the scene cuts back to the neighborhood, the sidewalk, the girl and i.. At this moment her hand is stuck in mid air reaching out, holding the flower.. and i have a sort of three sixty degree vantage point.. unknowing.. and unaware of what's about to happen.. everything is frozen in time. And then it happens.. There is a Gigantic blast of air.. as if the weapon has been fired.. and it was everywhere, All at once.. as if the entire world felt it at the same time.. and all i can seem to focus on is the flower in this beautiful young girls hand exploding in slow motion.. i can seen every pedal being directed outward.. ripping themselves off of the stem.. Everything is still in slow motion.. and now is accompanied by a type of Motion Blur (?) and everything just fades out into black, it happens very quick.. and then i wake up, at this point cold in sweat, Arms reaching up and outward as if i thought i were falling.. Heart pounding.. with such a feeling of tragedy.. I Could feel the blast in my very soul, outside of the dream.. as if in a way, it wasn't a dream.. :shock:

And why is it i can have such a realistic dream,(not pertaining to this one) with which i can feel, and smell, and see such elaborate ideas.. and it may feel as if I'm actually living life.. within reality.. and then wake up abruptly and forget every bit of it!?
gArCiA.VeGa

Re: Recurring dream..

Postby gArCiA.VeGa » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:47 pm

50 views? You guys suck at helping!
gArCiA.VeGa

Postby babygirl1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:40 pm

Okay here is how it usely starts, It's always I'm on the street I think I'm looking for someone, anyway there is war all around me, people I don't know dieing. Then I'll be in a warehouse full of people getting shot two or three times, in the head and well just all over, I can feel myself getting shot but I always live, like this one guy shot me in the head and then kick me in the face because I was still breathing, and I could like feel the shot and kick to the head. All this and a war is going on outside, one time I dreamed I was cut very badly across the back of my neck and my head was just hanging there, but this guy found me sewed my neck back together, and nursed me back to health, but then he ate something that caused his guts to get eaten from the inside out and he died right there in front of me, again a war is going on all around me. please help this is really bothering me, is it good or should I be watching out for something or someone? Please respond ASAP!!!!! Thank you.
babygirl1

Postby babygirl1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:41 pm

babygirl1 wrote:Okay here is how it usely starts, It's always I'm on the street I think I'm looking for someone, anyway there is war all around me, people I don't know dieing. Then I'll be in a warehouse full of people getting shot two or three times, in the head and well just all over, I can feel myself getting shot but I always live, like this one guy shot me in the head and then kick me in the face because I was still breathing, and I could like feel the shot and kick to the head. All this and a war is going on outside, one time I dreamed I was cut very badly across the back of my neck and my head was just hanging there, but this guy found me sewed my neck back together, and nursed me back to health, but then he ate something that caused his guts to get eaten from the inside out and he died right there in front of me, again a war is going on all around me. please help this is really bothering me, is it good or should I be watching out for something or someone? Please respond ASAP!!!!! Thank you.
babygirl1

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors