Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Back to back bad

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Back to back bad

Postby TwoStarsAway » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm

I had the worst nightmare I’ve ever experienced. But it came in two parts the first was more concerning rather than terrifying but the second part caused me to wake up on tears and shaking uncontrollably.
The first part was:
My husband, daughter (3), and I were at a mall and my daughter had to use the restroom. I was in the car and my husband took her in I could hear every sound and word from the bathroom in the car. My husband walked out leaving our daughter to do her business, we can hear her talking up a storm and suddenly my husband started driving without her being in the car. I start freaking out asking him “why are you just leaving her in there” his response is “we’re just going around the block, we were holding up traffic” I was still angry but there was nothing I could do. Next thing I know we can’t get back to the restroom where she is because there are crazy people dressed like the rabbit from Donny darko jumping out at cars in the road and causing havoc. We finally get back she’s gone. I’m in full panic mode screaming for her and at my husband and I find myself at security and tight as I’m about to explain the situation out walks my daughter safe and sound but oh so sad thinking we had forgotten about her. (For this part please know we would never ever leave our daughter anywhere by herself under any circumstance)

Second part: My husband, daughter, and I are out to lunch with my mother and sister. All sitting in a small room offset from the restaurant with one way blacked out windows (we can see out they can’t see in) and my sister has my daughter on her lap. I glance outside to see a man grab a woman and start choking her in a car. Without thinking I pound on the window to stop him. He looks as if into the window directly at me. I cower down and look away hoping he will leave. My mom says “oh my god he’s got a gun, he’s going to kill himself” I can feel fear overtake me as I hear her say “oh no he’s pointing it at the window” I’m under the table at this point grabbing my sister by her legs to get her and my daughter onto the floor and out of harms way. The *pop pop pop* the window explodes he leans in points the gun straight down at my sister and shoots again. I see her face lose all color as I scream “mom Danielle got shot” then my sister slowly shakes her head “no” and I notice my daughter leaning forward limp.

I wake up
TwoStarsAway
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Back to back bad

Postby TwoStarsAway » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Does anyone know what this might mean?
TwoStarsAway
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby nancy_williams » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 pm

Hey there,

I feel it has something to do with an important life decision you haven't made yet but should have made earlier. I've been having dreams about my house getting vandalized by burglars and my parents and younger sister murdered in the process. In one instance, it was terrifying- I visualized my mother getting raped by the masked burglars and they shredded the skin off my sister argh. Those were instant jump scares and this has a lot of correlation with the fact that a rich house in my neighborhood was broken into a couple of weeks back. This made me realize the nightmares had to with inherent fears that are etched on to my subconscious and the only way out was to hire a security company that offers locksmith services. Yeah, I installed a bunch of smart locks and also a fully integrated security system with a few cameras placed strategically.

I'd recommend that you ask yourself if there's something going on in your life that's depressing you unknowingly.
nancy_williams
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby briandb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:36 pm

The fear of not being able to protect your daughter may play a big role in your life. Seeing these scenarios come to life in this way allows you to face them from another perspective. Fears like this can often burn in the background of our lives until we begin to face them.

That’s my idea, anyways.
Brian
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors