Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Man I don't know died in dream, help.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Man I don't know died in dream, help.

Postby ellekys » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:26 am

So last night, I had an odd dream. It was all pretty normal until the ending. I was with two men in a giant tube inside of a building. More like an observation tower. One of the men was tied up but enlarged. He claimed he was doing it for art and was yelling at the other man who had tied him up. I headed downstairs and noticed a sound. I turned and there was the Art Guy outside of the tower pulling a chain. The chain had gone through the other man's stomach and he was going around and around the tower. I began to run and as I was leaving, there was a podium. Suddenly, it was like I was in a video game. The podium had a mask and I had to chose who had really died, based on the faces of the men that were in the tower. I chose carter, a black man who I have no idea is but was the real dead person. As I carried on running, a ticket lady approached me, asking for my ticket. I gave it to her and she began to scream as she stamped it and gave me 25k. I have no clue what this all means and have no idea who the hell carter is. Please help.
ellekys
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Man I don't know died in dream, help.

Postby operatormike » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:52 am

Dear Elle,

What an interesting an bizarre dream. Well, I don't know a black man named Carter either. There must be something symbolic about his name. Carter could be a person who carts something, or someone who pushes a cart, dunno. This dream seems to be about disparity. Something within you seems to be in conflict. Art versus practicality? You are the observer, yes, but each character is likely a symbol for some emotion or part of yourself. Guessing that you are a white woman, a black man would be sort of an opposite to yourself. Yet this is what you chose to represent some inner part of yourself, which is enlarged, restrained and yelling, then later dies. So the dream is screaming out to you that there is something terribly wrong, it would seem. You feel the anxiety about this situation and run. Then run into a logical systematic part of yourself, the video game. You calmly process the information and determine who of the two men died. Masks hide identity, but you identified the men from them. Interesting. And then the ticket lady, who later joins in the anxiety train and screams. What is 25k? New Guinea kina? 25 thousand something? Euros?

Pulling the chain out of the other man's stomach seems to be symbolic of pulling emotions out of your center. Men would represent your aggressive nature. Especially the guy doing the pulling.

That's all I can see right now. I hope this helps you sort it out.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Faith in the future, outta the now
You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
Yeah we're playing those mind games forever---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby ellekys » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am

operatormike wrote:Dear Elle,

What an interesting an bizarre dream. Well, I don't know a black man named Carter either. There must be something symbolic about his name. Carter could be a person who carts something, or someone who pushes a cart, dunno. This dream seems to be about disparity. Something within you seems to be in conflict. Art versus practicality? You are the observer, yes, but each character is likely a symbol for some emotion or part of yourself. Guessing that you are a white woman, a black man would be sort of an opposite to yourself. Yet this is what you chose to represent some inner part of yourself, which is enlarged, restrained and yelling, then later dies. So the dream is screaming out to you that there is something terribly wrong, it would seem. You feel the anxiety about this situation and run. Then run into a logical systematic part of yourself, the video game. You calmly process the information and determine who of the two men died. Masks hide identity, but you identified the men from them. Interesting. And then the ticket lady, who later joins in the anxiety train and screams. What is 25k? New Guinea kina? 25 thousand something? Euros?

Pulling the chain out of the other man's stomach seems to be symbolic of pulling emotions out of your center. Men would represent your aggressive nature. Especially the guy doing the pulling.

That's all I can see right now. I hope this helps you sort it out.

Peace,
Operator Mike

Hi
Yes, I am a white woman lmao. And 25k means £25,000, sorry about that. I'm not sure about me seeing myself as Carter, whilst I was running and screaming I was very numb to the entire thing, almost like it was an impulse to do so. I should've included that I guess. Thank you for your comment!
ellekys
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:23 am

Dear Elle,

You are welcome. So, £25,000 British pounds. That's quite a lot of money. I checked the exchange rate and it is about $35,000 US dollars. Either way, it would seem that she is giving you something of great value. Strange that she is doing so while stamping your ticket and you are running away.

So if Carter is not an aspect of yourself, then he represents something or someone in your life. Pulling a chain through his stomach seems to be symbolic of someone being chained and in turmoil over their emotions.

Being numb to the running and screaming is not unusual in a dream. You are more of a spectator than an actor. It is trying to show you something. Running and screaming is definitely some sort of worry or anxiety. Often we bury such emotions and they come out in dreams.

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
Faith in the future, outta the now
You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
Yeah we're playing those mind games forever---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors