Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Just a question

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Just a question

Postby formally chris1983 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 am

I'm waking up often with just a normal dream tbh but I wake up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily and have that feeling of dread and fear. Exactly the same feeling I have from a nightmare but I definatly didn't have a nightmare. Does anyone know why this happens??
formally chris1983
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Just a question

Postby Scorpio1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Well, you know we sometimes don't remember our dreams? It's possible that the ordinary pleasant dream then segued into a frightening one, or someone threatened you, say, so you abruptly woke up, but you woke up so fast that the only bit you actually remember was the 'nice' part. That seems to me the most likely explanation; you're left with the feelings, but didn't see what caused them, if you see what I mean?
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors