Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Horrifying, Violent, Abuse/Attempted Abortion

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Horrifying, Violent, Abuse/Attempted Abortion

Postby babydancer0115 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:10 pm

I am so addicted to this site and find almost 100% of the time when I look I can pinpoint it to things in my life. However, I recently had a dream that was absolutely horrific and has seriously made me sick to my stomach, cry, and unable to get it out of my head. The dream was me back in high school however, the classrooms were dorms, and it was a lot of kids from high school in my dream. The person however, it was almost like it was me, but it was also like I was watching it as a movie/happening to me. The part I remember most is being (again, I cannot say for sure it was me or not) in the back seat of the car pregnant and something tipped off the "father" of the baby that he started punching me in the stomach over and over again, as well as face and just continued to beat me. The dream almost fast forward to where I had a baby and was in this room that was supposed to protect me and my baby, but somehow the father found out. Again, as if I were watching this from a movie, I walked out of the room not knowing the father was watching me waiting for me to leave so he can kill the baby.

I am absolutely terrified and just have no words. It was like I was balling my eyes out trying to get out of the dream but couldn't.
babydancer0115
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Horrifying, Violent, Abuse/Attempted Abortion

Postby briandb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Hey! From my perspective, this story may relate to several different things. It may be a metaphor for feelings in your life regarding being denied creation by something very unjust. It can relate to a story from people around you that you're connecting to. It can also be ideas in your imagination that you are ready to begin dealing with on a story level.

To start facing the pain uncovered by the dream, imagine yourself back in the dream being a strong, loving force. Maybe try hugging the woman/yourself and the baby in the car, and don’t let go no matter how many punches come. Let them know that they are stronger than anything this man can do to them. Hold on to the baby's hand when the woman leaves the room, and let it know that you’re still there no matter what happens.

Thanks for sharing! : )
briandb
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors