Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Execution

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Execution

Postby Agarith1988 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:12 am

To start off this is my first post, I had a dream last night which I outline below. It was abnormal in many ways but mostly because it was far more vivid than anything else I have ever experienced, I remember specific voices and the way the room smelled and the cold of the metal barrel on my neck. In fact it took me a long time after what happened (whilst still dreaming to actually realise that I was, it didn’t wake me up either I just drifted into darkness and had another dream (which I don’t remember as much off)

I remember being herded into cells with other people my age, I think we were there because we had some genetic traits that made us threatening to those who were imprisoning us. I remember that one of the guards came to check on our cell and was quickly called away to deal with another situation that was getting out of hand, he accidentally left the door adjar and the other people in my cell made a run for it, into this amassing crowd outside in this courtyard bit, I hesitated because I can see the door to exit the facility next to our door but there are too many guards around it. So I just follow them into the crowd, next thing I know the alarm goes off and everyone in the courtyard gets told to get on the floor face down. A guard goes round and one by one gets each of the members of my cell to stand up.

“You are each charged with attempted escape, the punishment is death, which is to be carried out immediately”

The next thing I feel is the guard behind me move his arm up and place the barrel of his gun to my neck and fire at least 5 rounds into it and then just drop my body to the floor, I feel the blood rushing out of me and I can feel like I am loosing consciousness. Everything goes black, I feel like I am ebbing slowly away. I think it is shortly after this I make myself realise it is a dream. But I definitely believed that that was it for me...

Needless to say it left me feeling very odd today. Anyone have any thoughts about this type of dream? I do have depression but I’ve never dreamt of my own death.
Agarith1988
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Execution

Postby operatormike » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 am

Dear Agarith,

Welcome to Dream Moods! To dream of your own death is usually about ending a negative part of yourself. The natural growth process from that would be to grow emotionally/spiritually to become a better person. You felt imprisoned and needed to escape. This is a very strong fear and anxiety about your present state of affairs. The guards at the door preventing the escape make this an even stronger emotion. Eventually, you do, in fact, escape, the guard ends your consciousness of this state. I like the words "carried out". It is like a pun wherein you will be carried out and therefore escape. (Keep in mind that all the characters in the dream are aspects of yourself. So you are the guard!) The darkness after you become lucid is you exploring your emotional unconscious. When you did this, you discovered another dream, but upon waking, that information slipped back into your unconscious, (which is normal).

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
I thought I could feel
Music touching my soul,
something warm, sudden cold
The spirit dance was unfolding---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper