Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

These Are Too Real

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

These Are Too Real

Postby Its.paypay » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:53 pm

Okay so let me go way back to when I had my first sleep paralysis. If you don’t know what that is, here’s the definition: A frightening form of paralysis that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis is due to an irregularity in passing between the stages of sleep and wakefulness.

Okay so with that in mind the first dream I had was I was at my mom’s because my parents are separated. I was laying in bed unable to move, and then this woman was standing at the foot of my bed staring at me. (Sort of like the girl from the ring or grudge.) of course I couldn’t move and was terrified. Then a bunch of pictures flashed and I woke up sweating, heart beating. And I could finally move. (Unfortunately I cannot remember the pictures that flashed.) So then I want to say months later I had my next sleep paralysis, I was laying in bed and I couldn’t move but I could tell it was daytime in the dream because I could see light through my eyelids. Anyway something kept hitting the side of my bed like someone was throwing something (this time I’m at my dads. (I was going through a really rough time as well. Stress, some depression from past experiences.) Anyway a couple seconds after that whatever it was kept hitting the side of my bed, a strong vibration was on my side like my phone getting a message or something. But it didn’t stop. I quickly woke up only to find out it was nighttime. And the way I could tell I was facing in my dream, well I was facing the total opposite direction.

That’s not all, so I want to say weeks or a week later I had another sleep paralysis, I was laying in bed, about to fall asleep, like the feeling right before you’re about to fall asleep and I hear some guy start laughing in my ear. So creepily. I cannot move, I cannot scream, I cannot open my eyes. Then I jerk myself awake or to move and it stops I look around and there is no one. (At my dads.) I’m out of breath I can’t go back to sleep, and I’m freaking out.
Now the next time I can’t remember how long after maybe the same week? I’m having a dream where me and my mom are at a hospital or a dentist I couldn’t tell and were about to leave she’s handing me my stuff like my phone and some pictures (I have no idea why? But that’s the way it went.) then I felt a weird feeling and next thing I know I’m laying in bed my eyes are closed I have my blanket pulled up to my head, and I start feeling someone tapping around my head and patting my head on the blanket. Then I jerk awake and no ones there, the blanket isn’t even on my head at all. And of course I’m panicking. (Dads house) after this I decided to tell my parents I wasn’t sleeping good and I was having a lot of nightmares. So they put me on melatonin to help me sleep. I took it for awhile and then I stopped. Because I hate taking medicine.
Well just about an hour ago, I was taking a nap, I fell asleep while watching a YouTube video, and I’m having a dream that something happened at our house (not sure what) and there and police there asking us a bunch of questions (also not sure what they were asking) and then a bunch of bright like blinding lights start flashing, and I jerk awake unaware of what just happened. I’m scared to sleep. Any idea what’s going on?? I’m literally scared and I’m afraid that they mean something. But who knows.
Its.paypay
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: These Are Too Real

Postby briandb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi! I've also experienced many similar dreams/sleep paralysis episodes over the course of my life. There will be different interpretations about how to deal with them. IMO, to take these journeys to the next step, you can start practicing fearlessness in these situations. One way to do that is to pretend you are back in one of the dreams - the girl by the bed for example - and know that you'll be ok no matter what, even if she comes closer to you. You may find that you open up to more and more strange interactions, and you'll increase your abilities to engage with them.

Either way, to confront the idea that you are being haunted or whatever, know that you don't have to be afraid of any of it.

That's my take, anyways! Cheers!
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: These Are Too Real

Postby Sheena » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:42 am

Its.paypay wrote:I was laying in bed I cannot move, I cannot scream, I cannot open my eyes.
This pictures the demotivated and general helpless feeling any offspring would have over parental separation. Note, focus on what specifically is disabled or block tells what you need; you do need to scream and to see more clearly what is going on (such as whether you are taking sides in the marriage, as it seems you are do with mother. That's going to limit you personally.
As to the insistent feel-good message from the other reviewer, you need these depressed feelings, this is something for you to grief. Don't get better too fast.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors