Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nightmare after waking up

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Nightmare after waking up

Postby Freakeddreamer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:01 am

I heard something about experiments before It and I'm only using it because of what happened later, came into my room.

I had a dream where a live action version of a fictional character came into my room.

It, told me I shouldn't be up and tried to talk me into going back to sleep.

At this point my heads up looking right at it and I'm freaking out because it started trying to convince me that I could trust it, at one point it pretended to be an older brother concerned for my well being when I don't have any older siblings. Instead of being comforted I'm freaking out about live action ______ from ______ show in my room and trying to convince me of something.

It told me that this happens all of the time and I should just close my eyes and rest.

So at this point I'm fully awake, I start to sit up.

It says in an exasperated voice that, "It's never happened like this before."

It turned into an alien thing...like a massive slug but made out of flesh like some old body horror movie or something on top of me.

The massive flesh slug thing made me feel like an in between stage between It and what it turned into next like that's what it actually looked like when It couldn't decide what to try and convince me it was.

Something It said made me feel like I've almost been this awake before but It or something like It made me go back to sleep before I ever got that awake and hard to handle.

I will-powered myself to sit up and it didn't disappear instantly.

You know in movies or tv series when something "cloaks" how it gradually becomes invisible until it isn't there anymore? It took a few seconds for it to be completely invisible.

It tried to convince me to stay in my room and not tell anyone. Not begging but telling me that I wouldn't. Less as it didn't expect me to and more like it was trying to convince me that I couldn't.

I got up and out of my room because I wanted to make sure that I was really awake but part of it was to tell myself I was still in my room in my house and not somewhere else.

Then I booted up my computer in order to get all of this down.

I have never hallucinated before. I have no mental health problems. I take no medication. I don't drink.

But I have woken up and while in the liminal state between dreaming and waking up went back to sleep. So technically It was right, I've done it before.

Now I'm mostly convinced that it was a dream, a messed up one but a dream.

The part that made me think about the tiny tiny tiny possibility that it was an actual alien was that I read fiction about aliens being able to look like things or people that would put humans at ease in order to convince them to cooperate.

When I woke up and had to get out of my room I did it because I was frightened that I might not be in my home but somewhere else while this was happening. Naturally it was my home but I felt a serious need to check. I questioned my reality in a way that up until that point if someone asked me to do it it would make me think that that person was silly stupid and paranoid.

Normally I don't remember my dreams unless it's a vivid nightmare.

Those tend to be nightmares where I'm going through a horrible physical test, I fail or win something horrible happens either way and it becomes the start of a new test.

I included that because it might help one of you interpret my waking dream logic or if this isn't a normal thing.

Part of me, a silly part of me is afraid that by posting this It might find this information useful.

I'm posting this before I fully realize just how ridiculous I sound.
Freakeddreamer
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Nightmare after waking up

Postby briandb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi! I think this interaction sounds amazing. It's common to interact with beings in this "almost-awake" state. It's really up to you how to interpret it, but I interpret these as actual people that I'm meeting. If you're curious, try talking to it by pretending it can still hear you. Invite it back to hang out, if you want. It may be a friend : )
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors