Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Help with a Nightmare

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Help with a Nightmare

Postby B.R.E » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to help me, or maybe point me in the right direction of where I could go to get help interpreting a nightmare I had last night that shook me up. I appreciate that a lot of dreams need to take into account a person's situation and state of being so I'm happy to answer any questions in order to get the right interpretation.

Here it is. I was in a place, a bar or something like a bar with two guys (I don't know who there were but I was with them.) All of a sudden there was a third guy in the distance sat staring at us. The two guys I was with got scared and left immediately, I went with them. The dream then jumped to us being in a living room of a house.....presumably this was the home of one of the two guys I was with. All of a sudden the third guy appeared and walked into the house. The two guys I was with ran into the kitchen at the back of the house but there was no way out for them. I was left in the living room. I got scared picked up a footstool and waited for the third guy to pass so I could hit him over the head with the stool......but he walked straight past me completely focused on the two guys in the kitchen. Instead of helping the two guys I was with, I ran. As I was running I heard one of the two guys being stabbed repeatedly in the neck then I woke up.....pretty shaken up by it I might add. I don't really know much about interpreting dreams......It would be nice to get some help with this one if I can.

Thank you
B.R.E
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Help with a Nightmare

Postby Sheena » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Note that the 'third guy' is you.
The stare signifies desire along with transfer of guilt and promise of violence.
Fleeing at the end means that you are guilty but by running you steal innocence, not yours by right, and transfer condemnation to another.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby B.R.E » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:25 am

Sheena wrote:Note that the 'third guy' is you.
The stare signifies desire along with transfer of guilt and promise of violence.
Fleeing at the end means that you are guilty but by running you steal innocence, not yours by right, and transfer condemnation to another.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I fully understand, would you mind expanding on your explanation please? The Third guy was me? So in this instance was I observing myself and therefore that was the reason I couldn't stop the third guy or that he seemingly didn't see me ?

Are you saying that the meaning of the dream is that I feel guilty for something maybe? I'm not a violent person by nature, in fact, I practice peace. But im willing to accept that we all have the capacity to be violent.

The night before I had a not very pleasent conversation with an ex. We have been split up for 2years but we have been friends and had been building a friendship, anyway for one reason or another she basically drew me into a heated conversation which resulted in our friendship taking a serious nose dive. I dont think that we will be talking for a while if ever, I was very sad about this and angry with myself that I was drawn into such a discussion. Could this have something to do with this dream?
B.R.E
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Every figure in the dream is the dreamer. There can be many simultaneous even contradictory layers of valid meaning.
Try not to be so linear and concrete.
B.R.E wrote:heated conversation which resulted in our friendship taking a serious nose dive.
Could make sense being unhappy with self for the part you played.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors