Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Please help my daughter understand this dream

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Please help my daughter understand this dream

Postby Klaadc87 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm writing to interpret my 11 year old daughter's dream. My mother (her gma) who she was very close to and who's been a parent to her all her life recently passed away. This dream left my daughter very upset, very quiet and distant. Said it was the worst dream ever.. she described it like so..

A war is happening and she and her family have taken shelter. She can hear loud bombs going off and low air planes. While in this shelter she sees her grandma in the distance,she runs towards her to hug her and as she touches her she transforms/morphs into a man, a stranger. It keeps happening thru out the dream. She sees her grandma, goes to touch her and she turns into a stranger. She says she is freaking out in the dream saying 'im hallucinating, I'm hallucinating'

What's your opinion
Klaadc87
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Please help my daughter understand this dream

Postby ShadowGreen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:14 pm

I am sorry to hear that

Well to dream of being in that enviornment suggest an unexpected or negative news about something, like a man on a horse deliverinng bad luck news.

Being able to touch the grandmother is a great sign, but to morph into a different person suggest the inability to accept one’s situation or not being individualistic about one self. Probably changing one’s awareness or opinion on something and in this case, your daughter has a bad perception on what happened.

This is just merely blaming, losing individuality, and trying to stay one self’s personality and attitude but keeps on shfiting due to negative event.

Its not something to be thought of over and over, its just unhealthy. Negative symbolism. I would make your daughter not think about the dream anymore, and if you were thinking that it was your mother in the dream, forget it. She won’t manifest like that, her spark is not that dark, especially that it was this soon. I am certain that its your daughter negative manifestations that shaped this negative image. This is not much of a symbolic dream, just a manifestation of te low vibes of one’s own inner struggles and loss.
ShadowGreen
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TenderLC » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:15 am

Klaadc87,

It seems to me that your daughter has possibly experienced or is experiencing some sort of struggle within or without herself. Possibly family issues as in divorce or family arguments? I'm just guessing, but the "war" outside is a definite clue. Children often want to take shelter and apparently her grandmother was exactly that, the shelter in her storm, someone she depended on. Since her grandma's death however, she is facing having to find a part of herself that is strong, represented by the man. The man is like her other half, one side a small female child, and the other older, hopefully wiser, and much bigger than herself, or bigger than her problem. She keeps trying to cling to the one that passed on, and keeps trying to in the dream. The man is unfamiliar as she likely didn't realize how dependent she has been on her granny. She is dreaming of being more independent at it likely scares the heck out of her.

I would suggest, if you don't mind, looking into all the stresses she has had in family life, or life in general, and begin to teach her(NOT TELL HER) how to cope with whatever she is facing now. This might help in bonding, as well as helping her find her footing. My best wishes to you both, and my condolences for the loss.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Had enough of those do-gooders? Ready to stop snooping and dissecting your dau's soul?
Very clear unresolved grief. The parents' job is to make structure to do the grieving. This and the tenor of the post show a parent who is Inadequate. Change that and do what you are supposed to do, not that other crap which is self-serving and only abets your way of treating her like a mental patient!!!!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors