Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Consecutive disturbing dreams

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Consecutive disturbing dreams

Postby SynC » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi, I've had very similar and equally disturbing dreams 2 nights in a row, both while taking Melatonin.

The gist of both of them is that I was in an altered version of my old neighborhood (it looked like my old childhood neighborhood but the houses looked different).
The neighborhood is overrun by violent mobs with no law or rule whatsoever. People are executed at random out in the open left and right in gruesome and shocking ways.
Even the slighted perceived provocation means assured death. Everywhere I'd go I'd see innocent people being murdered execution style, or in torturous ways.
I don't recall interacting with anyone in the first dream, I was mostly just trying to run away until I woke up.
But the second dream, I saw them about to murder an elderly man who was laying down, feeble and weak, badly malnourished and basically skin and bones. One person was gripping this poor man's head and neck as if he was about to break his neck, or by twisting his head around slowly in a torturous manner until his neck snapped.

I was going to keep running... until I saw the way they were grabbing him.
I stopped to beg them to let the man live, to not break his neck and kill him. then the whole group of them turned their attention on me, and i instantly regretted that I stopped running.
They started grabbing at me, jeering loudly and leering, groping at my breasts... and I was absolutely sure that they were about to gang rape me and kill me right there on the spot.
I woke up before they attacked. And I thanked every God I could think of.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Someone PLEASE shed some light on this because I've been out of sorts ever since, and it's triggering my depression.

[EDITED TO ADD] Also, I wouldn't blame it on the Melatonin, as I usually have very pleasant dreams while taking it.
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Consecutive disturbing dreams

Postby lukiusjohn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:02 am

this type of stuff is going on in the world, and it is a growing problem, i wish the news would cover more real world news, they pamper to sensitivity and ignore the horrors going on and pretend like it isn't happening, ...

i don't know where you live, but neighborhoods are being radically reshaped on a regular basis in places, mass immigration is a bad thing, ...personally i am weary about what might be in the near future for the world and America, there are a few examples in the Bible where a reoccurring dream means God is talking to the person, i don't know how much weight to put into the dream, but it is an ugly spreading reality in some places in the world.
lukiusjohn
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 pm

If you do dream you are raped and killed, you are ready to change and to admit your desire for sex. Not so bad then, is it?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 am

Sheena wrote:If you do dream you are raped and killed, you are ready to change and to admit your desire for sex. Not so bad then, is it?

NOT. SO. BAD. . . .

Woooow.

First of all, I didn't dream that it actually occured, I dreamed that it was *about* to occur, as I said, I woke up before it did.
Secondly, Dreaming of RAPE does not denote a desire for sex.

Wow. Just.... wow. :|
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 pm

SynC wrote:Secondly, Dreaming of RAPE does not denote a desire for sex.
Then what is the desire indicated? Rape means being forced into what you secretly desire so as to avoid responsibility and blame.
Note that historically rape meant abduction. You can easily infer the symbolic meanings: being taken away from being your ordinary self.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Sheena wrote:
SynC wrote:Secondly, Dreaming of RAPE does not denote a desire for sex.
Then what is the desire indicated? Rape means being forced into what you secretly desire so as to avoid responsibility and blame.
Note that historically rape meant abduction. You can easily infer the symbolic meanings: being taken away from being your ordinary self.

Consider the context of the situation as explained, then get back to me on rape=wanting sex.
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 am

SynC wrote:then get back to me
And how much are you paying us to make such demands?
Climb down from your high horse and ask a Q.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Sheena wrote:
SynC wrote:then get back to me
And how much are you paying us to make such demands?
Climb down from your high horse and ask a Q.

I'm not 'demanding' anything, nor am I on a high horse. If you perceive anything from my attitude is because I take the issue of rape very seriously, while your implication behind it's meaning is that it's "not so bad".

So forgive me if I'm not overly accepting of your flippant approach to something that is very disturbing to me, even if it's not disturbing to you.
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:55 pm

The word you want is overtly.

"Taking oneself over seriously and importantly is usually (if not always) a compensatory reaction for the underlying belief that one is basically unworthy." - Robt. A. Harper

Also, the righteousness makes you stupid.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 am

Sheena wrote:The word you want is overtly.

"Taking oneself over seriously and importantly is usually (if not always) a compensatory reaction for the underlying belief that one is basically unworthy." - Robt. A. Harper

Also, the righteousness makes you stupid.

I meant overly, not overtly. And clearly you have nothing of value to contribute nor a valid rebuttal if you've chosen to devolve into dissecting my grammar.

You further prove this by resorting to name calling.

I'm not being righteous. I'm just a person who was upset over a very f***ed up dream, only to have someone imply that it's "not so bad".
Having been an actual rape survivor, I know EXACTLY how bad it is and for you to be as callous as you were was just..... WRONG, to put it mildly.

If you can't understand that, then don't even bother replying because input from someone like you is of no value to me.

I wont pretend to know you but I can't imagine you being a truly, genuinely good person. Good day.
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:48 am

The professional victim is transferring its violence and victimization - its vulnerability onto another, making a scapegoat for the bruise to its ego.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Are you done yet?

Are you simply so arrogant that you refuse to acknowledge any point of view that isn't from your perspective?

I asked for perspective on a very disturbing dream that seemed to be recurring.
I didn't agree with your post so you got in your feelings about it and resorted to insults and name calling.
Yet... I'm the victim? LOOOL Okay! :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Keep posting ad hominem responses, maybe the constant posting might draw some legitimate responses! :clap: :wave:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:08 am

SynC wrote:LOOOL Okay! :lol: :lol: :rofl:
There is self-righteous over entitlement enacted.

That entire memo is the painful rants and violent blaming of a limited intelligence.

Here is another over-entitlement out of Victimhood:
SynC wrote: PLEASE shed some light on this because I've been out of sorts ever since, and it's triggering my depression.

Very destructive character type.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Sheena wrote:
SynC wrote:LOOOL Okay! :lol: :lol: :rofl:
There is self-righteous over entitlement enacted.

That entire memo is the painful rants and violent blaming of a limited intelligence.

Here is another over-entitlement out of Victimhood:
SynC wrote: PLEASE shed some light on this because I've been out of sorts ever since, and it's triggering my depression.

Very destructive character type.

More Ad Hominem and no actual valid information.
Are you done yet?
Quite literally everything you've posted in this thread has been nothing but arrogant, self-righteous, pedantic, condescending, and fundamentally useless.
But keep posting these PERSONAL attacks though, that really drives your point across! ;)
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby SynC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 am

@Sheena - After reviewing your posts in other people's threads, I've concluded that you're nothing more than an internet troll of the most generic variety.
Nearly ALL of your replies to people are either insulting, pointlessly sarcastic, flippant, or outright rude and malicious-- without provocation.
And when you're not insulting people, you're pulling false interpretations out of your ass.
People are posting here genuinely seeking knowledge and insight, yet you only spread malice, and offer nothing of worth.
So uh.... good luck with all that.

Troll on. :blowingkisses: :cabbagepatch:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:34 pm

And what type would that be - doesn't suffer fools?
If it's generic it cannot also be various.
Better not to try sounding smart when you aren't.
SynC wrote:you only spread malice, and offer nothing of worth.
And this mean-girl talk is your form of a good time?
We've never written anything like that.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Sheena wrote:And what type would that be - doesn't suffer fools?
If it's generic it cannot also be various.
Better not to try sounding smart when you aren't.
SynC wrote:you only spread malice, and offer nothing of worth.
And this mean-girl talk is your form of a good time?
We've never written anything like that.

You clearly don't understand the definition of generic or various. They aren't mutually exclusive.
Better take your own advice about trying to sound smart when you clearly aren't, eh? :rofl:

Nearly ALL of your posts here and in other threads are just as I stated.
Interesting how you chose to conveniently glide right over my other points, maybe because they're more true than you care to admit?
And unlike you, I'm not here for a good time. Your comment alluding to that implies that those are your intentions.
I'm not here for a "good time". I'm here seeking knowledge and insight, like everyone else who comes here.

You're here with no other goal than to troll strangers on the internet. Who really suffers fools here? :blowingkisses:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:51 pm

SynC wrote:seeking knowledge and insight
Strange, we consider that a good time. But not being investigated judged revenged condemned - which is evidently fun for you. That's bad karma you are making for yourself.

Back to beginnings:
SynC wrote:Someone PLEASE shed some light on this because I've been out of sorts ever since, and it's triggering my depression.

The enlightenment offered was to highlight the well known concept that dreams picture unconscious desires. And it was for free! A gift! And how was that gift received?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

Sheena wrote:
SynC wrote:seeking knowledge and insight
Strange, we consider that a good time. But not being investigated judged revenged condemned - which is evidently fun for you. That's bad karma you are making for yourself.

Back to beginnings:
SynC wrote:Someone PLEASE shed some light on this because I've been out of sorts ever since, and it's triggering my depression.

The enlightenment offered was to highlight the well known concept that dreams picture unconscious desires. And it was for free! A gift! And how was that gift received?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So you speak for everyone here regarding what's considered a "good time"?
And giving people false interpretations that you pull out of your ass (while only focusing on one aspect of their post and ignoring everything else), you consider as a GIFT??
WOW, your hubris is astounding! Well done! :clap: :clap:

You've made it very clear that your knowledge of dream interpretation leaves much to be desired. So I'm not going to accept your blanket statement that dreams = desires.
Dreams mean MUCH more than that. If you truly knew anything about them, you'd know that much.

But keep posting your canned theories and calling them gifts! :wave: :dreams:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:17 pm

yn too sour and too stupid to recognize own aggressive hostility as envy.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Sheena wrote:yn too sour and too stupid to recognize own aggressive hostility as envy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Envy would require that you have something that I want.
You have nothing, thus you're here trolling people online, passing false interpretations, insults, sarcasm and malice as "gifts" or some misguided notion of wisdom or enlightenment.
You keep trying to psychoanalyze someone you don't even know, and resorting to petty insults and ad hominem remarks in an attempt to upset me?

Who's the aggressive hostile one here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweetie... You have nothing that I want. And you never will.

But by all means, continue to embarrass yourself! :blowingkisses:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm

SynC wrote:You have nothing that I want.
Nonsense. yn obviously wants a fight or a target or would shut up and sit down.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:47 am

Sheena wrote:
SynC wrote:You have nothing that I want.
Nonsense. yn obviously wants a fight or a target or would shut up and sit down.

You expect someone to "shut up and sit down" in their own thread? WOW you're delusional!! :rofl:
You can't even keep your own line of thought. You claim I'm envious of you, I say you have nothing I want, and now you're making it about something else?
You make ZERO sense and you sound like a fool.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really feel bad for you, to be honest. :lol:

No one is forcing you to continue posting here in MY thread.
If you no longer want to see MY posts, feel free to not return to MY thread. :blowingkisses: :dreams:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:22 pm

SynC wrote:nothing I want
Then why the constant squabbling?
SynC wrote: MY thread.
Gollum emerges.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Sheena wrote:
SynC wrote:nothing I want
Then why the constant squabbling?
SynC wrote: MY thread.
Gollum emerges.

YES--This is MY thread. You show up and promptly behave like an incontinent wayward drunk who refuses to leave, and you wonder why there's squabbling?
Are you daft or merely simple?

Please continue to embarrass yourself! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby SynC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 am

And if it makes you feel better about yourself to resort to name calling, then that's completely on you.
As your perception of me is a reflection of yourself.

But definitely seek professional help, because you have some clear neurotic disorders that affect your daily life and interaction with society,
if your posts in this thread and others are any indication. :) :blowingkisses:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 am

Blow it out your ass!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Sheena wrote:Blow it out your ass!

I believe you've cornered the market on that, sweetie. :blowingkisses:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Banned Banished Eliminated.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Sheena wrote:Banned Banished Eliminated.

And yet you're STILL here posting!
And I'm STILL here replying!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby elanie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 am

Usually, dreams are just symbols or warnings, but rape in a dream, when you are a survivor of rape, is a strong indication that you probably have PTSD. Rape, even in real life, very rarely has anything to do with sex or carnal desires; rape has to do with power and weakness. Insomnia is also a symptom of PTSD.

Dreaming about an old neighbourhood signifies there is something important that happened to you or a way that you felt (positive or negative) in that time period or place. What does this neighbourhood mean to you and why?

Masses of people symbolize pressure and built-up stress or anxiety.

Being a witness and rescuing someone are both dream symbols that represent a need to pay closer attention to your own needs (not desires) in life. You are repressing or ignoring your true emotions. Whatever qualities stood out about the victims often represents your own qualities. For instance, you mentioned innocence.

Witnessing or experiencing violence represents angry emotions, most likely suppressed, and guilt. You need to vent and earnestly ask yourself like you would ask a friend how you are feeling and you need to allow yourself to just feel that emotion without feeling guilty or weak or feelings sorry for yourself!

Torture in any aspect indicates, again, you are feeling guilt over something and punishing yourself. Sometimes what we feel guilty about is not something we should feel guilty about...

Running symbolizes avoidance. Are you avoiding your emotions?

Your dream is about emotional suppression, anxiety, and guilt.
elanie
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 pm

And yet being overpowered and dominated are part of passionate and erotic desire (for some).
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 am

elanie wrote:Usually, dreams are just symbols or warnings, but rape in a dream, when you are a survivor of rape, is a strong indication that you probably have PTSD. Rape, even in real life, very rarely has anything to do with sex or carnal desires; rape has to do with power and weakness. Insomnia is also a symptom of PTSD.

Dreaming about an old neighbourhood signifies there is something important that happened to you or a way that you felt (positive or negative) in that time period or place. What does this neighbourhood mean to you and why?

Masses of people symbolize pressure and built-up stress or anxiety.

Being a witness and rescuing someone are both dream symbols that represent a need to pay closer attention to your own needs (not desires) in life. You are repressing or ignoring your true emotions. Whatever qualities stood out about the victims often represents your own qualities. For instance, you mentioned innocence.

Witnessing or experiencing violence represents angry emotions, most likely suppressed, and guilt. You need to vent and earnestly ask yourself like you would ask a friend how you are feeling and you need to allow yourself to just feel that emotion without feeling guilty or weak or feelings sorry for yourself!

Torture in any aspect indicates, again, you are feeling guilt over something and punishing yourself. Sometimes what we feel guilty about is not something we should feel guilty about...

Running symbolizes avoidance. Are you avoiding your emotions?

Your dream is about emotional suppression, anxiety, and guilt.

Thank you so much Elanie, for taking the entire dream into account, not just 1 aspect of it(that actually never happened in the dream, but was only implied).
To answer your question, I've only ever had fond memories of my childhood neighborhood, which is why the whole thing seems more odd and foreign than it would had it been somewhere that I've never seen before.
Everything else you've mentioned seems like it could have some truth to it, I'll have to take this into consideration.
I appreciate your input! :heartpump: :heartpump:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Of course it is avoiding emotions. That is why it is so vicious in its defensiveness. It cannot think, cannot feel, cannot learn.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby SynC » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:01 am

Sheena wrote:Of course it is avoiding emotions. That is why it is so vicious in its defensiveness. It cannot think, cannot feel, cannot learn.

LOOOL
You had an out, yet you chose to stay here and antagonize, rather than be a functioning adult.

That says WAY more about you than anything you can ASSUME about me. :blowingkisses:
SynC
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby alfredthealligator » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:20 am

@SynC, good luck finding out what is going on.

@Sheena, go be a troll elsewhere.
alfredthealligator
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors