Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Weird spider nightmare ( not common !!! )

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Weird spider nightmare ( not common !!! )

Postby RyanUnknown » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:43 pm

So last night ive dreamt about a spider.
To make it short... i was laying in my bed, and i just woke up. I see a big red hairy ( like long hairs on its fangs ) spider going down from the ceiling. I did not move and the spider then landed on my arm and bit me, leaving the long red hairstrings in my arm. 2 seconds later the hairlike thingies sucked up my blood. Not much, but enough to notice that the hairlike thingies were overflowed with blood, because a few drops of blood came out of the hairlike strings.

Anyone that could tell me the meaning of it?
RyanUnknown
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Weird spider nightmare ( not common !!! )

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm

You've just had an AIDS test. You will get the results in the mail.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby ShadowGreen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm

What a disgusting spider, it probably also made a lot of disturbing webs of events in your life as well, teisted ones.

For the spider to be attracted to you for blood suggest that your energy vibrates in the same level of the spider suggesting that your energy is being completely drained, its actually there taking energy from you, but it just shows in the physical as symptoms like illness, being tired all time for no reason feeling like running a mile, dizzy etc...
ShadowGreen
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Bloodsucking is associated with castration. Long hairs and threads with phallus.
Dropping from above is an attack, by authority.
Freud's original thoughts were that spider represents the angry mother who frightens the child.
Karl Abraham is more nuanced, therefore we believe more true and useful. The body of the spider is the female genitals which can also contain male genitalia. In this view the expressed horror is the horror of incest, which arises bc it is the dreamer's own image of revenge and opposition against the feared but needed mother to whom the child is dependent and passive.
Perhaps, if you think about this (do try!) you will recall some conflict with maternal figure just prior to the dream.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors