Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nightmare looped

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Nightmare looped

Postby Braxten81 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:35 pm

I have recently been having a similar type dream just recently. In my dream I believe I’m awake. Everything in the dream is the way it is in my bedroom. Then I feel my blanket lift and I feel something take hold of me. I think that I’m having a seizure. I try to call for help but I can barely make a sound. Then I’m able to crawl very slowly out of my bedroom. I still think I’m awake and that I need to call for help. I make it out of my bedroom and I just lay in the hall way. My father comes out and he sits with me on the floor. Then all of a sudden I’m back in my bedroom thinking that I’m waking up. Then it starts all over again with something taking hold of me. This time I’m able to get up and walk to my bedroom door but I open it only to find there’s another door. Each time I tried to open it there was another door. That’s when I was aware I was dreaming and I needed to wake up. I kept telling myself to wake up. Finally the door opened and I ran to the front door and as I stepped out I was back in my bed laying there terrified not knowing if I was awake or still dreaming. I was scared to move. Then it started all over again by something taking hold of me. I was frozen in my bed telling myself to wake up. In the dream my dog ran to my bed and jumped on my chest to wake me. In the dream I believed my eyes were open and I watched him jump on me. I finally woke up with a huge gasp and layed there hopeing I was truly awake. I looked next to me and my dog was beside me. I was finally awake and I felt terrified to close my eyes again that night. I had a another dream like this last night but very different but it was looped and terrifying. Can anyone help me make sense. Thank you
Braxten81
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Nightmare looped

Postby Sheena » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:26 pm

This looks like a problem in brain function. The PFC misinterpreting signals from the body and other brain parts. Suggests poor interneuronal connections. These happen during sleep. Therefore, eliminate substances and get a sleep study. It could derive from clinical depression or PTSD.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors