Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Spirt Presence Nightmare

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Spirt Presence Nightmare

Postby CathieTarantino » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Over the past number of years - maybe 2 or 3x a year I have a nightmare about a presence coming after me and I can't move I am paralyzed - I try to wake up and scream for my husband and I can't. Then some how I wake up. But last night this presence was sucking the air out of me and I tried to fight so hard and move - paralyzed again. You can't talk or move. I finally woke up totally distraught. This is the closet this presence has ever gotten to me. What does it mean ???? Please help!!!
CathieTarantino
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Spirt Presence Nightmare

Postby briandb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:47 am

Hi! From my experiences, this a game of fear. The more fearless you are in this state, the less power the presence will have over you. One way to interpret this situation is that you are choosing to open yourself up to an aspect of yourself that is currently very scary so that you may face your fears and heal that part of you that is vulnerable. It is brave and means you are learning of more of your own strength.

These presences can become interactive by "stealing" your life force in some way - it could be sucking blood, stealing air, or draining energy. This is just a way to intensify the situation and create more fear. To empower yourself, begin to allow the presence to be near you, and allow it to take all of your air, and know that you will be fine no matter what happens. It's easier to practice this while you're awake. Pretend the presence is near you, and remind it that you are strong and don't have to be afraid. You can even try sending it a few nice words to really mix things up. "You're a cutie" is a powerful one.

These experiences will change depending on what fears and adventures you are choosing to open yourself up to at this time. They may go away, or they can start to become fun. You can meet many different feeling presences, some of which are very friendly. You can start now by extending friendship to this presence, even though it is currently reminding you of your fears.

Feel free to disagree, comment, or question. :)

Brian
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Scorpio1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 pm

It's known as sleep paralysis, and here's a good article on it.

https://www.spiritualresearchfoundation ... paralysis/
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 am

Dear Cathie,

Although Brian may have some insight in what he says, Scorpio hit the nail on the head. It is called Sleep Paralysis. It is not an uncommon disorder. There is much discussion as to the causes and whether or not there are evil spirits present or it is your own psyche's fears materializing. Whatever the truth is, there was once a long thread on this site where many dreamers had discussed it. The consensus was that you can stop it by becoming conscious. I have not experienced it, but many dreamers thanked one dreamer for the suggestion of wiggling your toes. It seems if you are able to wiggle your toes, you take control of yourself and are able to wake yourself up (and of course move!)

Also, if you type "sleep paralysis" in the Search box, you will get thousands of threads on this site. You can click on them and read what others have posted about sleep paralysis.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Faith in the future, outta the now
You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
Yeah we're playing those mind games forever---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Sheena » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Awakened by not breathing is apnea. For survival the brain is energized but the connection to muscular movement are not in consciousness; that is the 'paralyzed' feeling and it is natural. Attend to the trigger.
Spirt?? A soft drink??
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors