Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Can someone Help me with a nightmare please?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Can someone Help me with a nightmare please?

Postby stephanie11223344 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pm

So i can not shake this nightmare and i cant find any helpful information so please of you have any idea what it means pretty please give me some insight. it will be much appreciated.

So it starts as me and some other younger girl (who im familiar with in my dream but when i wake i cant work out who she is) i am comforting her as we are exploring this building that would be an old hospital or apartment complex that seems to be forbidden from the general public. there is a random deman or ghost that i feel is another female form stalking us from the shadows. we can cant find a way out and its fairly dark. every time we find an elevator no matter what floor we press it takes us to level 3. when we come out of the lift (this is the part that i cant stop thinking about) there are bodies completely wrapped in white sheets on the floor, they are struggling and moving around but are completly bound covering there faces from head to toe. they are in groups on the floor of 3 or 4 and there is medical equipment around them. there is a sence of mental asylum or some dark activity happening and we know we have to be subtle and not get caught on this floor. there are alot of men who seem busy and preoccupied doing some sort of work on the sheeted people moving them to privet rooms some on beds. but again when we try to get out of there we end back on level 3. this whole time i have to keep moving because i can feel that female deman things eyes following me. im also trying to lead be in control and comfort that young girl with me however im hiding from her that im completly lost and affraid. we end up in some dark abandoned room squatting down and i wake up.

help me make sense of what these means. those white sheeted bodies keep replaying in my mind. i havnt watch a horror film in months i havnt been in a hospital in years this dosnt resemble anything in my awaken life. im so puzzled..
stephanie11223344
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Can someone Help me with a nightmare please?

Postby Chook2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:07 am

Dreams about buildings and houses are usually to do with you and your life and where you are at the moment. So everything in this dream is going to represent something about yourself including the frightened young girl you are trying to comfort. The level 3 thing is going to mean something. The 3rd level of something - like 3rd year high school or Uni or something like that. The hospital thing is inferring you need healing from something. The ghost demon is something from your past that no longer Is part of your life physically, but nevertheless, it is still affecting you. For example, a bad memory or a regret or something you can't let go or get out of your mind. (Hence the demon ghost thing was always watching!)

The bodies wrapped up in sheets thing, it's like these bodies were patients requiring treatment. Did you get any feeling for what the sheets were supposed to be or how they got there? They seem reminiscent of bandages to me, but I could be wrong. But if they were like bandages, then it could represent some attempt at healing yourself in some way, but the treatment itself has really stifled your freedom and your senses. The sheets on these bodies were really stopping them from moving so they were like prisoners in a way - unable to even see or communicate freely.

So if there is some aspect of your life where you need healing - perhaps from something in the past - but there has been somewhat of an overkill and now you feel trapped or emprisoned in some way, not necessarily in a physical sense, but in a spiritual or emotional sense, where you have trouble feeling what you want to feel or expressing yourself in some way, then this would be what the dream is all about.

Note that in the end, you try to hide the fact that you feel scared? And you hide in that room, unable to get off this third level??
Chook2
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby stephanie11223344 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 am

thank you for that amaxing reply!
yeh i suppose i have my own regrets and demans.
im currently not studying or have anything in relation to no.3 no3 was the top floor of this building too. so i dont know if that's a meaning.

the bodys where bound tightly in these sheets they were struggling and diddnt want to be there everything was very sinister about their experince.

i was guiding this girl but i was just as trapped as her. yoir response makes alot of sense to me.

thank you.
stephanie11223344
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm

In this dream, trapped at 'level 3'. Which seems a relatively low level - but of what, accomplishment? skill? worth? In the context of mental illness and institutional factors, it would be a level of guilt and punishment to redeem the wrongs, and you are getting nowhere at that. The 'bandaged' bodies are also entrapped, a typical dream redundancy.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Chook2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:01 pm

So glad it was helpful!! TY!!

If the 3rd floor was the top floor, it could have to do with your thoughts (as your head is the top part of your body). And being trapped on the top floor might be a metaphor for being trapped in your own thoughts perhaps?? I still think there will be something significant about the number 3 - maybe something happened 3 years ago or something like that? Numbers in dreams are always a great clue, but it can be tricky figuring it out sometimes so don't focus on it too much. Although I just have!! Lol!!

I am thinking that the message of the dream is that you are perhaps outwardly showing nothing is wrong, and you are being brave and strong, but in reality you are not doing so well - pretty much identical to how you felt scared in the dream. In the end, you hid in a dark room, away from everyone and felt trapped and unable to get out! So whatever you are currently doing to help with your situation (I am kind of assuming that you have been doing something about it because of the hospital setting), it doesn't appear to be helping you - only making things feel worse - more trapped and scared. Maybe it is time to reassess what you are doing to deal with this issue. Could you seek a second opinion? Is there a trusted friend you could talk to? Just see what your options are. That very step might help with the trapped feeling.
Chook2
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors