Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Apocalyptic Nightmare

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Apocalyptic Nightmare

Postby junosteel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 am

I often have really weird senseless dreams were I don’t understand how the symbols interact with each other or their purpose.
I JUST woke up from this one with some specific details and I’m trying to retain as much to explain what’s happening.
In my dream, I don’t know what kind of apocalypse is occuring but there is one. There are creatures outside called “fighters” that means no one can go outside without risking brutal death. In my dream, I don’t think I see or hear this, but it is implied. The “fighters” are mentioned casually. The building I’m in seems to be some sort of school and families are there. Some parents seem frustrated they can’t sign their kids out and just leave despite there being dangers outside. At some point, I ventured out for something, maybe food, but I can’t remember too well. In this part I’m made fun of and I go back to the building. I do not encounter these “fighters” at all. I distinctly remember being relieved that there is suddenly a shower jn one of the rooms and quickly rinse off even though there are people around but no one comments.
Now this is what startled me the most.
Before I woke up, families started being let out because no one cared what they did anymore and I was watching from the window this one family leave. There had been a young child with them but when they got in the vehicle suddenly he was more like a teenage boy if not college aged. The vehicle was strange as it had some motorbike attached to the front that was like... enclosed still and then there was the car attached to it behind but it was implied it needed to be controlled by the first part. As this family gets into the car,the weather sours and lighting strikes seperating the vehicles and whatever platform we are on tilts and vehicle by vehicle they slide off into the water as we see their horrified faces. As they hit the water, the perspective changes and I’m in the car, by myself, sinking. I instictively start trying to break the front windshield with a glass bottle found in my car but can seem to get a strong enough hit in to fully break through it. I start kicking it, but I wake up before my survival or death.

Now, what does this mean? Is it wine indunced nonsense?

To give some context I am a college student about to graduate who recently started attending therapy where I was possibly diagnosed with a personality disorder I suspected I had for years and am trying to actively do things to better myself regarding my emotionalreactioons.
junosteel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Apocalyptic Nightmare

Postby briandb » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

Hi! I like the dream. I'll make an interpretation based on what these things mean to me - feel free to rewrite it based on your reaction.

Apocalypse can symbolize a large fear that is present for many or all people at the same time. We often pretend our fears aren't real, or somehow we are alone in feeling like we are doomed in some way. The apocalypse is an event where you cannot pretend it isn't real, you can't try to brush it off, and you know everyone is going through the same thing together.

The fighters seem like a manifestation of some of these fears. The school can be a safe place where you are free to be a child, and the family is together. Expanding our lives outside of that comfort zone involves facing many fears, which can take the form of being made fun of (for many of us, that can be the real killer). Back inside, you can be vulnerable again - naked in front of your peers as you cleanse yourself.

As the families begin to embark out of the comfort zone, one little boy becomes a man - that seems like you. The motorbike shows us that something interesting/fun/strange is leading you in your life journey. Then it happens! The people are thrown into the abyss, suddenly alone and forced to face their fears. They may feel like they're downing and sinking, and they can't get back to their comfort zone. Here you are, as one of them, using your own strength to reach the surface again. But there's a learning process. The glass bottle is a strange tool to try to break glass with. Then you try using your own body, a sign of self-reliance. The outcome is undetermined, because the rest of the story is up to you :D. Many of us are in the same place in some way or another.

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to comment and reinterpret.

Brian
briandb
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors