Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Unknown ghost haunts my house

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Unknown ghost haunts my house

Postby WGM222 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 am

Had a freaky dream that there was a ghost in my house. I couldn't see it but it was still moving stuff around and making itself known. I remember going from room to room and freaking out about it. My little brother was there too but it didn't look like him, this kid was like 10 with darker hair and pale skin and got really scared when the ghost was in my brothers room with us. This kid from high school was also in the dream and it was as if I was scared he was gonna do something harmful to us but like once he came into my brothers room it wasn’t what I thought. So I then go into my mom’s room to tell her what’s going on as we were both concerned and the ghost followed me in there. In my moms doorway where the door normally is were these window curtain things that moved as if wind blew through them. Now knowing the ghost was in there I freaked out trying to rid the ghost, running down into my kitchen almost like I was running after it and jumping onto my counter then coming around to the porch at the front of my house. The ghost seemed to be on this older side of my house and so I guess I was a little intimidated and made a left out of the porch instead of going right towards the ghost and out comes a German Shepherd who walks up to me and it made me think of my friend’s new German Shepherd puppy and I think I had trouble yelling in the dream like my voice wasn’t working at the end.
- I’ve never had a nightmare like this so any help be great
- ghosts could represent things from the past
- I’m supposed to be hanging out with my ex girlfriend so maybe the past relationship could have something to do with it???
WGM222
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Unknown ghost haunts my house

Postby Chook2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 am

Yes ghosts are about past things that really should be dead and buried but they still affect your life in an intangible way. For example, through remembering a bad memory or having life regrets. It will be about something that has physically left your life, but not mentally or emotionally.

In the dream, you said your little brother was 10 years old. So whatever this ghost is representing is going to have something to do with what happened or what started in your life 10 years ago - which would have been 2008. So have a think about what was going on in your life back then. How is that affecting your life now? The dream could be about your ex but it might not be so keep an open mind there. The house is going to represent you and each room represents a different aspect of your life. Let me know if you want me to elaborate.
Chook2
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby WGM222 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Chook2 wrote:Yes ghosts are about past things that really should be dead and buried but they still affect your life in an intangible way. For example, through remembering a bad memory or having life regrets. It will be about something that has physically left your life, but not mentally or emotionally.

In the dream, you said your little brother was 10 years old. So whatever this ghost is representing is going to have something to do with what happened or what started in your life 10 years ago - which would have been 2008. So have a think about what was going on in your life back then. How is that affecting your life now? The dream could be about your ex but it might not be so keep an open mind there. The house is going to represent you and each room represents a different aspect of your life. Let me know if you want me to elaborate.

I would love for you to elaborate as I think you are definitely getting somewhere, I did go from room to room in the dream as the ghost seemed to be everywhere but nowhere at the same time cuz I could not see it
WGM222
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Chook2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:20 pm

In your dream, the ghost goes from room to room and you freak out about this. So this could be saying that you fear some aspect of your past is going to affect every aspect of your life. The main rooms you talk about though are your brothers room and your Mum's room. In this context, the bedrooms are going to represent things that are very personal to you and what makes you who you are. Eh - your preferences in like, likes and dislikes, anything you keep hidden from others. Bedrooms can also represent rest and recuperation. It could be that it is mainly while you are at rest that these thoughts (represented by the ghost) come to mind.

Your little brother and Mum are also going to represent something about yourself. For example, how would you describe your little brother and your Mum? How are they similar, and how are they different from yourself? These traits are going to link in somewhere in your waking life.

A Mum has the added symbolism of being a protector and nurturer. So it seems you are really seeking out the right kind of help regarding this issue from your past. The doorway window thing, windows are about getting a different perspective on things. So it might be that you have been thinking about this issue in a different way and even a more constructive way. Interestingly, you go straight from your Mum's room to the kitchen. And the kitchen is also about nurturing and nourishment - ( eg you are gaining in strength mentally - perhaps because you are either asking for help and advice or getting support from people or something along those lines.). At this point in the dream, you seem to be chasing the ghost. Which is really a switch in you actively trying to rid yourself of this ghost. The German sheppard you see, if it reminds you of your friend, then it could represent your friend in someway. That you are looking for loyal companions for example.

When the ghost finally leaves your house though, it goes to the older part of the house and you are still afraid and go to the newer part. So this might be saying you could be dealing with this issue by avoiding it rather than facing it head-on. If this is the case, well that's ok - avoiding issues can be a strategy, but just be aware it could show up in your life again. Just be aware that this is an issue for you and when you are ready, you can face up to it in your own way.

Well that's about all I could come up with. If you want to discuss further or comment or if I missed anything, I'm happy to help further!!!
Chook2
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby WGM222 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Chook2 wrote:In your dream, the ghost goes from room to room and you freak out about this. So this could be saying that you fear some aspect of your past is going to affect every aspect of your life. The main rooms you talk about though are your brothers room and your Mum's room. In this context, the bedrooms are going to represent things that are very personal to you and what makes you who you are. Eh - your preferences in like, likes and dislikes, anything you keep hidden from others. Bedrooms can also represent rest and recuperation. It could be that it is mainly while you are at rest that these thoughts (represented by the ghost) come to mind.

Your little brother and Mum are also going to represent something about yourself. For example, how would you describe your little brother and your Mum? How are they similar, and how are they different from yourself? These traits are going to link in somewhere in your waking life.

A Mum has the added symbolism of being a protector and nurturer. So it seems you are really seeking out the right kind of help regarding this issue from your past. The doorway window thing, windows are about getting a different perspective on things. So it might be that you have been thinking about this issue in a different way and even a more constructive way. Interestingly, you go straight from your Mum's room to the kitchen. And the kitchen is also about nurturing and nourishment - ( eg you are gaining in strength mentally - perhaps because you are either asking for help and advice or getting support from people or something along those lines.). At this point in the dream, you seem to be chasing the ghost. Which is really a switch in you actively trying to rid yourself of this ghost. The German sheppard you see, if it reminds you of your friend, then it could represent your friend in someway. That you are looking for loyal companions for example.

When the ghost finally leaves your house though, it goes to the older part of the house and you are still afraid and go to the newer part. So this might be saying you could be dealing with this issue by avoiding it rather than facing it head-on. If this is the case, well that's ok - avoiding issues can be a strategy, but just be aware it could show up in your life again. Just be aware that this is an issue for you and when you are ready, you can face up to it in your own way.

Well that's about all I could come up with. If you want to discuss further or comment or if I missed anything, I'm happy to help further!!!

Great dream interpretation! I think you really hit the symbols head on and it that definitely helped cores things up a little
WGM222
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Chook2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 am

Thank you very much! Glad it helped!!
Chook2
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors