Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring nightmares and I feel helpless and lost

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring nightmares and I feel helpless and lost

Postby nameuserr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 am

This is my first time pos but I really need your help...

Lately I have been crazy overwhelmed in my own thoughts. I struggle a lot with depression and anxiety. And whenever I feel very overwhelmed I tend to push the people I love far away from me. It's like a reflection that comes of what I feel. So things has NOT been the best between my boyfriend & I. And I guess you can put all the blame on me for that.I truly do love him though... It's just hard for me mentally at this moment... I have heard that

"Recurring dreams often turn into nightmares when the dreamer continues to ignore something important in their waking lives. This issue will wait for the dreamer and will not go away, despite the dreamer convincing him/herself that it does not exist. The nightmare is an extreme version of the dream content screaming for the dreamer’s attention.
"

So to my dream, I have had the same dreams every single day for weeks and weeks, it's almost becoming a month and it's really disturbing.

The same theme keep repeating which is: we breakup.

And I go with so someone else... BUT the thing is...through out the dream I never want to become close emotionally or physically with the other person who is not my boyfriend (ex) boyfriend. And when I wake up. I feel this sadness.

Could someone please give me some insight in what it could mean? I have also had dreams that I was close to getting raped by people close to me.

I like to see what my dreams means and I keep a track of my dreams. They have given me some insight like:

"To dream that you break up with your significant other indicates that there is something in your life that you need to let go no matter how hard it may be. "

Dreaming of ghosts chasing you to bring about your death is a sign you are ready to face your fears and the past no matter how much it hurts. You are tired of being held back. You are ready to move on into your future. Stand tall in your truth and do not be afraid to speak out.

A child dying can symbolize you are maturing in some way and leaving a childish aspect of yourself behind.
Vampires.

Vampires in a dream may be a sign of dependence, problems with addiction, social pressure, or ambivalence. You or someone else may be feeding off someone emotionally. Vampires can also reflect an illness that is draining your time and energy.
A vampire in a dream might be telling you that you need to start being more independent, and relying less on others resources or accomplishments. You need to start caring about people, valuing them, or respecting them

We often feel drained by responsibilities and the things we think we should be doing. You may want to become more aware of those things you are attached to in a negative way. Holding on to old attitudes and beliefs can be draining. Consider that it can be just as draining to avoid responsibilities that are legitimately yours. It is the ignorant victim who foolishly leaves the window open and unwittingly invites the vampire to visit. Other internal vampires include neediness, self-doubt, lack of forgiveness and judgments. All of these kill passion for life. Commit to emotional healing and your vampires will return to the grave where they belong.

Also I have had dreams of my ex where I have felt total disgusted being close to them ( but in the dream it seem we are still together )

If someone could please just give me any insight I would love too. I don't understand if the dream is telling me overcome my childish behaviours OR leaving my relationship?
nameuserr
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring nightmares and I feel helpless and lost

Postby operatormike » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am

Dear Nameria,

I thought you could use a more descriptive name. You are very self aware and it would seem that you have already done your own dream reading pretty well. Now you just have to accept it. You have some issues that you need to confront to get your life in order. Chief among them is your emotional relationship with your boyfriend. Key to this is your emotional relationship with yourself.

nameuserr wrote: I don't understand if the dream is telling me overcome my childish behaviours OR leaving my relationship?
Overcoming your childish behavior means facing reality and growing up.

The break up in your dream on one level, seems to be your fears acted out. Then going with someone with whom you do not have an emotional tie, is not going to be good for anyone. Perhaps it is showing you that you are withholding your emotional closeness from your current boyfriend. Even deeper, from yourself. You might need to learn to love yourself truly and completely in order to love your boyfriend. This will also help you deal with your sadness.

To dream of rape is a fear that someone is meaning you harm. Or that you feel someone is exerting some sort of control over you that you do not consent to.

Not sure why you discuss vampires, because you did not mention vampire dreams, but your study on them pretty much covers all possible causes. In a way, a vampire is similar to a rapist, so refer to above.

I hope that you can work out your life details. I hope that you can find someone trustworthy to confide in and discuss all this.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
I thought I could feel
Music touching my soul,
something warm, sudden cold
The spirit dance was unfolding---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby nameuserr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:30 am

operatormike wrote:Dear Nameria,

I thought you could use a more descriptive name. You are very self aware and it would seem that you have already done your own dream reading pretty well. Now you just have to accept it. You have some issues that you need to confront to get your life in order. Chief among them is your emotional relationship with your boyfriend. Key to this is your emotional relationship with yourself.

nameuserr wrote: I don't understand if the dream is telling me overcome my childish behaviours OR leaving my relationship?
Overcoming your childish behavior means facing reality and growing up.

The break up in your dream on one level, seems to be your fears acted out. Then going with someone with whom you do not have an emotional tie, is not going to be good for anyone. Perhaps it is showing you that you are withholding your emotional closeness from your current boyfriend. Even deeper, from yourself. You might need to learn to love yourself truly and completely in order to love your boyfriend. This will also help you deal with your sadness.

To dream of rape is a fear that someone is meaning you harm. Or that you feel someone is exerting some sort of control over you that you do not consent to.

Not sure why you discuss vampires, because you did not mention vampire dreams, but your study on them pretty much covers all possible causes. In a way, a vampire is similar to a rapist, so refer to above.

I hope that you can work out your life details. I hope that you can find someone trustworthy to confide in and discuss all this.

Peace,
Operator Mike

Unsure if you will get this or not, I just wanted to say how helpful your answer has been to me. And how thankful I am for it. Also Nameria is great :cabbagepatch: :heartpump:
nameuserr
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

Dear Nameria,

I got the message. You're most certainly welcome. It is good to know that it was helpful to you.

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
I thought I could feel
Music touching my soul,
something warm, sudden cold
The spirit dance was unfolding---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors